Lt. Commander
# 1 money, energy credits, etc etc
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM
i looked forever for some noob who'd undoubtedly already asked this, but i'm tired of looking and just want to play so i'll ask perhaps a second time. in terms of getting money, and especially getting energy credits, how can you get them? i dont seem to have a problem racking up the other types of 'income', but especially with trying to modify my ship, i still have 0 energy credits, but i've ranked up several times and have done several missions by now (only my second day playing though). Do I have to wait longer/do more missions/lvl up more? help a noob out!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
What are you doing with all that loot?

The energy credits are aquired by selling loot items for the most part and not by mission payouts. So either sell those looted components you don't need (batteries anyone) back to your replicator for energy credits, to a vendor on the Spaceddock for energy credits, or on the exchange to other players for energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavag View Post

The energy credits are aquired by selling loot items for the most part and not by mission payouts. So either sell those looted components you don't need (batteries anyone) back to your replicator for energy credits, to a vendor on the Spaceddock for energy credits, or on the exchange to other players for energy credits.
And keep in mind you'll get more Energy by selling to a vendor than you will through your Replicator, or a trader in space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
And keep in mind you'll get more Energy by selling to a vendor than you will through your Replicator, or a trader in space.
I've seen this stated more than once but I've seen no real compairson of the payouts and I've done no research so it will remain a rumor until I have some evidence in front of me that confirms it. In any event when I am in the middle of a fight and I need inventory space the replicator gets the stuff I can live without.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Sell The Junk!
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I have loads of energy credits. I sell everything I don't use ... once I equip myself and my ship and my BO's the rest gets sold and I can buy most everything I need for my level. So sell away!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:

Batteries? Worthless?!?! Are you friggin kidding me? In pvp, ESPECIALLY as a klingon, Weapon Batteries are like gold to me! In a single pvp instance, I will go through between 7 and 10, depending on how long it goes.

i say this again for all to hear, THERE IS NO WORTHLESS LOOT IN THIS GAME!

But, if you want to sell them to me for 1/2 price, I will buy all you got
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Batteries? Worthless?!?! Are you friggin kidding me? In pvp, ESPECIALLY as a klingon, Weapon Batteries are like gold to me! In a single pvp instance, I will go through between 7 and 10, depending on how long it goes.

i say this again for all to hear, THERE IS NO WORTHLESS LOOT IN THIS GAME!

But, if you want to sell them to me for 1/2 price, I will buy all you got
First off why would I sell you anything for less than I can get for them elsewhere..

Second I never said they were worthless I said you could sell the ones you don't use. I use a lot of shield batteries as a cruiser but amost no weapon batteries. I rarely use the engine or aux batteries at all either.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
I've seen this stated more than once but I've seen no real compairson of the payouts and I've done no research so it will remain a rumor until I have some evidence in front of me that confirms it. In any event when I am in the middle of a fight and I need inventory space the replicator gets the stuff I can live without.
It would be easy enough to confirm, no? Open up your replicator, and look at what it'll give you for your item. Beam down to Stardock, and compare what a vendor will give you for it.

It stands to reason that the more convenient option (replicator) will give you less reward than waiting until you're at a vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
ahhh ty ty....i will start selling some of the stuff that i was saving for a rainy day
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
It would be easy enough to confirm, no? Open up your replicator, and look at what it'll give you for your item. Beam down to Stardock, and compare what a vendor will give you for it.

It stands to reason that the more convenient option (replicator) will give you less reward than waiting until you're at a vendor.
Its very likely. I just haven't done that research. If I remember to do it tonight I'll check it out.