Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
I dug up my spread-sheet and here are results of crafting over 300 consoles: ( No one can convince me it's random) the Purple/Blue/Green Quality results were accurate running it at %24-%51-%24

SCI: Stealth Module (27), Sensor Probes (25) , Power Insulator (20), Countermeasure System (19), Inertial Dampeners (14), Flow Capacitor (13), Graviton Generator (11), Particle Generator (8), Emitter Array (8), Field Generator (1) 147 Sci Consoles

Eng: Injector Assembly (20), Field Emitter (19), Plasma Distribution Manifold (16), Tetraburnium Hull Plating (10), Parametallic Hull Plating (8), Diburnium Hull Plating, (8) SIF Gen (9) Emergency Force Fields (9), Electroceramic Hull Plating (5), Ablative Hull Armor (5), Monotanium Alloy,(4) EPS Flow Reg (4), Neutronium Alloy (2) Consoles RCS Consoles (1) 120 Eng Consoles

Tac: Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (18), Warhead Yield Chamber (17), Prefire Chamber (11), Variable Geometry Detonators (8), Transphasic Compressor (7), Polaron Phase Modulator (6), Photon Detonation Assembly (6), Tetryon Pulse Generator (4), Ambiplasma Envelope(4), Chroniton Flux Regulator (4), TCD Subspace Infuser (3), Plasma Infuser (4), Disruptor Induction Coil (2), Antiproton Mag Regulator (2), Phaser Relay (0) 94 Tac consoles

I have done some addtional crafting since OP, I have updated the OP with my results.

Last edited by admgreer; 02-11-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Wow. Looking at your numbers it seems to read like a list of least to most useful as well as rarity. Definately not random.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
must've cost alot to get 300 PAA or farming them....nice stats though

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 4
02-05-2013, 10:52 PM
My entire Fleet was kind enough to donate artifacts to me when ever they did the mission. This took me about 4 months to do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
My entire Fleet was kind enough to donate artifacts to me when ever they did the mission. This took me about 4 months to do.
I'm assuming you had only purple DoFFs working on this projects correct?
Commander
# 6
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes. Purple Eng Doffs with Efficient, and sometimes I used Tellerite Eng Doffs with Stubborn. There are no Fed Eng officers with Resolve and Cunning. Except one and she is bound and from a lockbox.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
hmm those results do look a bit fishy to me.
def least useful to most useful

very interesting that you didnt get any phaser relays . . .
Captain
# 8
02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I've noticed in my entire time doing the children's toys mission that the majority of consoles you get tend to be borderline useless. As shown by OP, the more useless consoles are created more often. I personally find that to be rather annoying, but it's how the game works... I mean after all, there is a reason that mk XII purple consoles are called VERY RARE lol...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
These seem to agree with my experiences as well, but it is good that you've made it into a rigorous study. Thanks!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I found these results interesting enough that I decided to dig into the reward structure of console fabrication. Since these were created under Heretic, I truly didn't know what to expect.

Here are my findings:

1) The quality of the reward outcome of the "Fabricate Prototype" assignment is guaranteed to match the quality of the success' display name. In other words, if your results say "Blue Quality" the console you receive cannot be anything other than Blue (Rare) quality, in all circumstances. No rare chance to upgrade to a better type, or anything like that.

2) Every console available from our random drop tables is represented. Despite the above sample showing zero Phaser Relays (e.g.), they are included in the drop table as a possible result.

3) All console rewards are equally weighted. This is the part I was unsure would be true, but it is - every item on the reward tables has an absolutely equal chance of being rewarded.

The only possible explanation I can offer at this point, is that it's just a matter of sample size. There are 42 different Mk XII consoles you can receive from this assignment (16 Eng, 10 Sci, 16 Tac) of each quality (Green, Blue, Purple) resulting in the total number of potential outcomes being 42*3=126. When you run a sample size of 300, with almost half that many possible outcomes, your odds are invariably going to be too small to create an big enough picture of the entirety.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...