Career Officer
# 121
02-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I found these results interesting enough that I decided to dig into the reward structure of console fabrication. Since these were created under Heretic, I truly didn't know what to expect.

Here are my findings:

1) The quality of the reward outcome of the "Fabricate Prototype" assignment is guaranteed to match the quality of the success' display name. In other words, if your results say "Blue Quality" the console you receive cannot be anything other than Blue (Rare) quality, in all circumstances. No rare chance to upgrade to a better type, or anything like that.

2) Every console available from our random drop tables is represented. Despite the above sample showing zero Phaser Relays (e.g.), they are included in the drop table as a possible result.

3) All console rewards are equally weighted. This is the part I was unsure would be true, but it is - every item on the reward tables has an absolutely equal chance of being rewarded.

The only possible explanation I can offer at this point, is that it's just a matter of sample size. There are 42 different Mk XII consoles you can receive from this assignment (16 Eng, 10 Sci, 16 Tac) of each quality (Green, Blue, Purple) resulting in the total number of potential outcomes being 42*3=126. When you run a sample size of 300, with almost half that many possible outcomes, your odds are invariably going to be too small to create an big enough picture of the entirety.
The tables may have an equal distribution of drops, but is there some other algorithm between the table and the final result of the doff assignment?
Career Officer
# 122
02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I ran this mission 12 times total. 12 useless green science consoles.

I gave up after that, on the rare chance I come across a PA I exchange it.
A wise course of action, across CO and STO anything related to RNG always seems to cause more resentment than joy.
Career Officer
# 123
02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Just so we're clear, the core cause of this bug (as I understand it - but I'm not a programmer) is that a single RNG roll is being propogated through multiple combat events, not several separate rolls that produce the same figure.

In other words, blaming a "sticky" RNG on this behavior is a false assumption.
In programming sections of code are often repeated and copied over to save time. Is there a reason the same thing could not be happening in other non combat RNG rolls if the original programmers simply copied over the code?
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
I'll shortly in a few days have over 400 consoles made and I kept track of the ones I had so we'll see if 700 consoles total show something iffy about the doff mission.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Important Bort: I've actually found an issue with children's toys somewhat related. you can only make 41 consoles. You can't make [Console - Engineering - Booster Modulator Mk XII] I didn't even know this console had a mk XII version until I got a white one in kerrat. I've made thousands of consoles and never once got it. So we found a bug in childrens toys.

Now my results on consoles made at 406

SCI:
Stealth Module (10); Sensor Probes (7); Countermeasure System (5); Inertial Dampeners (9); Flow Capacitor (14); Graviton Generator (13); Particle Generator (15); Emitter Array (9); Field Generator (9); Power insulator (12); Biofunction Modulator (12); Shield emitter amplifier (11)

Eng:
Booster Modulator (null/0); Injector Assembly (12); Field Emitter (5); Plasma Distribution Manifold (16); Parametallic Hull Plating (11); Diburnium Hull Plating (11); Electroceramic Hull Plating (8); Ablative Hull Armor (22); Monotanium Alloy (13); Neutronium Alloy (15); tetraburnium hull armor (4); RCS accelerator (12); Emergency force field (2); SIF generator (10); EPS flow regulator (10)

Tac:
Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (5); Warhead Yield Chamber (8); Prefire Chamber (10); Variable Geometry Detonators (7); Transphasic Compressor (9); Polaron Phase Modulator (10); Photon Detonation Assembly (9); Tetryon Pulse Generator (14); Ambiplasma Envelope (8); Chroniton Flux Regulator (8); TCD Subspace Infuser (10); Plasma Infuser (7); Disruptor Induction Coil (6); Antiproton Mag Regulator (4); Phaser Relay (4); Zero Point Quantum Chamber (10)

So we find that booster modulator isn't part of the drop table for children's toys. And magic math guy do your stuff with the above info.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Rihannsu
# 126
02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
that's not proof that you can't get booster modulators... So you got a 0.... big deal, you got a bunch of 1 digit values.

SCI: 126
ENG: 151
TAC: 129

Definately an odd breakdown here. But not greatly outside statistical norms. The statistical average that you would expect for a group like this is 9 2/3. So most with 10 and 1 in 3 at 9. What do we actually have? 0 to 22. 22 is actually stranger than 0 since it means you got 12 more Ablative hull armor than the average. 0 is ~10 off the average.

If we put tick marks on a number line we get:
00 -
02 -
04 ---
05 ---
06 -
07 ---
08 ----
09 -----
10 -------
11 ---
12 ----
13 --
14 --
15 --
16 -
22 -

See? It's not a smooth bell curve, but it DOES spike at 9 and 10. I'd guess the 0 and 22 are a result of sampling "error".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-22-2013, 10:27 PM
If you check the exchange there are no mk 12 purple booster consoles. You could say people bought them all, but I've

So lets look at how many consoles I've made with children's toys. FYI this isn't complete list just what I was following. Now out of all the consoles below I've never EVER made BOOSTER MODULATOR.

p=305,1,1,
b=525,1,
g=330,1,1,1,

P= 170,1,
b= 285,1,1,1,1,
g= 170,1,

P=025,1,
B=045,1,1,1,1,
G=040,1,

TOTAL: 1913 That I actually kept track of rarity. And in all that 1913 and others I've never made the booster modulator. I'm convinced it isn't on the table. OR its that very small 1 out of whatever chance I get 0.

Quote:
Eng: Injector Assembly (20), Field Emitter (19), Plasma Distribution Manifold (16), Tetraburnium Hull Plating (10), Parametallic Hull Plating (8), Diburnium Hull Plating, (8) SIF Gen (9) Emergency Force Fields (9), Electroceramic Hull Plating (5), Ablative Hull Armor (5), Monotanium Alloy,(4) EPS Flow Reg (4), Neutronium Alloy (2) Consoles RCS Consoles (1) 120 Eng Consoles
The first post hasn't made any either.
Captain
# 128
02-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
Important Bort: I've actually found an issue with children's toys somewhat related. you can only make 41 consoles. You can't make [Console - Engineering - Booster Modulator Mk XII] I didn't even know this console had a mk XII version until I got a white one in kerrat. I've made thousands of consoles and never once got it. So we found a bug in childrens toys.

Now my results on consoles made at 406

SCI:
Stealth Module (10); Sensor Probes (7); Countermeasure System (5); Inertial Dampeners (9); Flow Capacitor (14); Graviton Generator (13); Particle Generator (15); Emitter Array (9); Field Generator (9); Power insulator (12); Biofunction Modulator (12); Shield emitter amplifier (11)

Eng:
Booster Modulator (null/0); Injector Assembly (12); Field Emitter (5); Plasma Distribution Manifold (16); Parametallic Hull Plating (11); Diburnium Hull Plating (11); Electroceramic Hull Plating (8); Ablative Hull Armor (22); Monotanium Alloy (13); Neutronium Alloy (15); tetraburnium hull armor (4); RCS accelerator (12); Emergency force field (2); SIF generator (10); EPS flow regulator (10)

Tac:
Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (5); Warhead Yield Chamber (8); Prefire Chamber (10); Variable Geometry Detonators (7); Transphasic Compressor (9); Polaron Phase Modulator (10); Photon Detonation Assembly (9); Tetryon Pulse Generator (14); Ambiplasma Envelope (8); Chroniton Flux Regulator (8); TCD Subspace Infuser (10); Plasma Infuser (7); Disruptor Induction Coil (6); Antiproton Mag Regulator (4); Phaser Relay (4); Zero Point Quantum Chamber (10)

So we find that booster modulator isn't part of the drop table for children's toys. And magic math guy do your stuff with the above info.
Except I made one a few months ago. Sold it on the exchange for 6 mil. Nice profit.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-23-2013, 12:08 AM
You have? Wow I must get the short end of the stick. Never ever got one of those :S How peculiar. Maybe its bugged so its super rare. *shrugs* None on the exchange purple mk 12 at least. I've gotten a few common and uncommon booster modulator mk 12 in kerrat. I reduct my previous statements about it then. Still the original post and mine don't have it in our 271 engineering consoles.

Edit: You made it months ago, but haven't made another booster modulator since then?

Last edited by deusemperor; 02-23-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Captain
# 130
02-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
Edit: You made it months ago, but haven't made another booster modulator since then?
I haven't crafted any consoles for at least a month. Been partially too lazy, partially haven't gotten powered ones (low on rare-traces) and partially waiting on this thread to see what happens. And I haven't been having much luck with NADORC either, which isn't helping.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.