Captain
# 151
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
That many consoles? Damn you are awesome. I have only crafted like 20 and gotten no purples.
Lt. Commander
# 152
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
So most people say crafting doesn't pay.

Just finished another crafting cycle didn't get anything good

I have crafted 624 consoles and I infuse my own powered arts. Each powered art to make varies from 1 million (when strange arts are at 500k) to 1.4 million. so 624*1.4= 873,600,000 ec.

Now with all the purples I've gotten since I started keeping track and getting the low amounts based on the exchange right now I've gotten 155 purples. I just finished checking the exchange and choose the minimum of all the purples and multiplied that value times the number of purples I got. fyi purple mk 12 stealth module I say its usally 100k+ and I got 5 of them so that is 500k ec.

I've gotten 974,690,000 ec from crafting purples alone. Too lazy to add in blues and greens which would add more to that number so it pays for itself, and I have profit.

I've found with 8 toons you usually get at least 2 purples per cycle on average. So you just hope that they are good usually.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Empire Veteran
# 153
03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Once every week or so I do a survey of the prices of all purple mk 12 consoles and all valuable blue mk12 consoles.

I go with the minimum exchange price at that time.

I get an average value for all mk12 purples and an average value for all mk 12 blues, and multiply them by .24 and .51 respectively, then add those products together to arrive at the Expected Value for console crafting.

It is the Druk Console Economics Report.

The EV for console crafting, given purple and valuable blue mk12s, tends to roam between 2.1 and 2.3 mil.

I run crafting teams on 5 characters, and also power my own artifacts.

Please inquire in DOFFJOBS for current figures on the Console Economic Report as I do the surveys.
Ensign
# 154
03-07-2013, 07:52 PM
My reply to the original posting:

Your findings are somewhat doubtfull, it does not mention if they were green, blue or purple.

Without the quality information it cannot be determined if you made a profit or a loss.

If you did collect quality information please share then we can calculate properly.

However we could assume that the quality follows the 24, 51, 24 distribution, however knowing it for sure would have been nice.

So we can perform profit calculations with assumptions.

However in your original posting there are some obvious consoles missing from the list ! Which could be seen as an obvious attempt to spread bogus information, therefore I will not use your original posting as data, I dare to question it's validness

My reply to the other data in page 15:

Again a poster misses a console which is weird, perhaps it's the same person, posting more bogus information to back himself up.

My reply to the other data in page 15 below:

Another poster which uses different kinds of doffs, more confusing information.

Here is a tip for next time: do sort on eng, sci, tac, but also sort in alphabet in between, makes it easier to input it <- standard format we can agree on, makes it also easier to see if certain consoles are missing, if no consoles produced, do mention zeros.

I highly doubt all of this data, but it's fun to calculate anyway, see what it gives I take it with a grain of salt though

Good question: how many different consoles exist ? My spreadsheet is missing one too... probably wasnt on exchange at the time or didnt see/find it... but during your production it should have shown up.

Thanks for the data guys the calculation was interesting.

Last edited by twikitwiki; 03-07-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Commander
# 155
03-07-2013, 08:37 PM
At aprox 400 crafting there were consoles that i never produced, for example a booster modulator and a Phaser Tac console. I also have never seen a XII purple Booster modulator on exchange. and some consoles I received only 2 or 3 of ever. The poster that suggested people that have zero of certain consoles are posting bogus information is in fact a little insulting, I started this thread to bring to attention a troubling trend in results i was seeing in my personal record keeping of my crafting results. For no other reason that to see if other were getting the same results. Your suggestion that the people that have posted their findings are liars is a little trollish
Empire Veteran
# 156
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
I've never seen a purple mk 12 booster modulator on the exchange while doing surveys of console prices. I omit it from my data for calculating the EV.
Career Officer
# 157
03-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
I've never seen a purple mk 12 booster modulator on the exchange while doing surveys of console prices. I omit it from my data for calculating the EV.
The funny part is who the heck would want one, especially in light of the unnecessary nerf they received seasons ago.

This also speaks to one of the OP's point, that the distribution creates ****e consoles too often...
Starfleet Veteran
# 158
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twikitwiki View Post

My reply to the other data in page 15:

Again a poster misses a console which is weird, perhaps it's the same person, posting more bogus information to back himself up.

My reply to the other data in page 15 below:

Another poster which uses different kinds of doffs, more confusing information.

Here is a tip for next time: do sort on eng, sci, tac, but also sort in alphabet in between, makes it easier to input it <- standard format we can agree on, makes it also easier to see if certain consoles are missing, if no consoles produced, do mention zeros.

I highly doubt all of this data, but it's fun to calculate anyway, see what it gives I take it with a grain of salt though
I'm always glad that I can contribute to collecting data that helps to trace down possible problems in this system just to be called a liar by some random poster for my efforts.

I also don't know what your problem is and why the quantitative data posted in this thread confuses you so much? I also don't know why anyone would bother making the format different in order to satisfy such an obvious troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
I've never seen one either out of the several thousand consoles which I have created over time. I omit it from my data as well.

Last edited by rooster75; 03-08-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 159
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
@repetitiveepic: I would be interested in your data have you kept track of all the lows? I would like to get that data then average it and put it into my spreadsheet to get my estimated low-end profits from all consoles. Thx!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Empire Veteran
# 160
03-10-2013, 05:41 AM
i have 3 or 4 sheets still around i think, i can scan them and email them to you, contact me in the game,

Druk@repetitiveepic