Ensign
# 171
02-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Fix the ****ing game your just pissing me off now, it's not even playable at the moment and the only time I get to play is weekend.

If you don't fix it I'm sure I can find an MMO happy to take my money and provide a reliable service that actual works.
Captain
# 172
02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm having DC after DC after DC after DC. I've had enough of this, Cryptic. F-I-X I-T.
Captain
# 173
02-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I've found the ultimate solution, whenever the games gets goofy, lagging and disconnecting me, I just go play a different game. I suspect that what I am doing is what a lot of this non complaining multitude that Bran mentioned are doing.
It's pretty simple to figure out, played the game for months, no problem, then one patch to "improve server stability" during this event and suddenly start getting repeatedly DCed, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math. The server could appear to be running fine but if a setting has been changed to drop connections sooner, some latency tolerance set too low, some time-out set too short, the server still looks fine but now players are getting disconnected repeatedly rather than just lagging a bit.
I love playing STO, I like the ships, I like the genre, I love science fiction and I want to play it consistently, but I don't need to play STO, it's not the only game around.
The balloon party popper was a stupid idea, letting numbskulls spam zones with hundreds if not thousands of useless objects that the server has to track. Hopefully some sense of normality, such as it is, will return once this stupid event is over, but I seriously hope PWE and Cryptic are giving some thought to capacity and bandwidth for when the May update comes around. These DCs are like an open wound that will slowly bleed them customers. Using practices that openly discourage customers, doesn't sound very smart to me. A stable server isn't worth much if it can't be used.

Last edited by maxvitor; 02-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Commander
# 174
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I too am reaching my limits. I play Foundry missions most of the time. I do not however like being disconnected, starting the mission over, skipping back over the parts I already played, get to the new part of the mission, play for a minute, disconnected again, rinse, repeat. Really disappointed right now.
Lieutenant
# 175
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
While I will definitely say customer support could be better, coming from the world of it I can also definitely say that it is both impossible... and highly inefficient... to treat every "its you, not my computer" request with true focus.

The reality is, most of those claims are stated without any true collective factual information (or any personal knowledge to the actual possibility of such).

You would not believe how many times... on a service actively used by millions of people... that 1 out of 1,000,000 think the entire service is down (when the household 10feet away... is working just fine, out of the same cross link).

That being said, and I said this over on the direct tech forum, this is not us. I'm not really sure that it is them, either though. Timing sucks, and coincidence may dictate to you that it was the patches, but - at least as far as I can tell - which, as far as I can tell its either internap or their (PWE's) network admin company (outsourced) that is ****ing up (again), and PWE is not in the network software business and likely isn't up to writing firmware updates on border devices or manually configuring hardware :|

Its poorly timed and even harder to convince to the effect, but the unfortunate truth is this would have happened with or without their updates. The cause of this, is very likely to have happened even during a week where only 5% of the player base logs in.

**** happens. Its not the end of the world. This game, while in the last week and a half may not really show for it, has one of the best uptimes of any game I've played, and by those standards its also a young game (which anyone who played the early moments of some of the... other games... knows where this is nothing on the terms of annoying scale).

PWE needs to work on their information providing, but all the same time demanding 100% perfection is asking to be disappointed, and only works to further support the lack of community involvement as it affirms the belief that it doesn't matter: they'll just be rampaging mad anyways.
Career Officer
# 176
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Any idea when this problem is going to get fixed? I'm barely online one minute before being kicked off. So far in the last 15 minutes I been kicked off line at least 5 times and I'm just about had it.
Captain
# 177 Please Fix the servers
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
I am really getting tired of getting disconnected bye the game servers i never had such an issue with this dam game and now all of the sudden i am having disconnections out of no where this just happend 4times in a row there is nothing wrong with my ISP be cause i am using my WMP and it is still playing internet radio.
Lieutenant
# 178
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm getting kicked out pretty consistently when map-moving. Everything else works fine, no issues with other games or applications.

Other STO players have been complaining about similar issues for a while now, so it's definitely not an isolated incident.

While some DCing is far from the end of the world, it's also far from being acceptable in such frequency. It's getting tiresome to the point that I think I'll just play something else 'till this gets fixed.
Captain
# 179
02-11-2013, 10:58 PM
The second last patch is when it started, not the last one with the Colosseum weapon changes and if it is just a coincidence, it's a pretty amazing one.
I wasn't getting DCed even with all of the balloon spam, wasn't even getting lag, then they did the patch to "Improve server stability" and it's been a roll of the dice staying connected ever since. It isn't constant, sometimes I can play for an hour or 2 and everything seems fine, then it starts disconnecting me over and over again, other times the disconnects start right off the bat.
I hope that they are actually looking for solutions and not just passing it off as someone else's problem.
Commander
# 180
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
It seems the problem has gotten worse. I want to say I understand that the team at Cryptic no doubt have a tough job and it would be an understatement to say Trek fans are a bunch difficult to please. Thank you for your hard work and efforts. However, the performance of STO lately has been abysmal and needs to be addressed. I recently encouraged many friends and members of a sci-fi fan club I belong to to give this game a try and get their free ships while the event is going on. I can only imagine the impressions they are getting when even logging into the game is a challenge. When I get a loading screen I find myself holding my breath, anxiously awaiting a 'server not responding' message. Unable to even move past the character selection screen at this time. I hope that the team is looking at things as I type this. As someone stated in one of the posts above, it may not be 'on Cryptic's end' but instead their service provider, but I hope this avenue is being explored. Frustrated