Empire Veteran
# 41
10-31-2013, 10:12 AM
kdf can wear the omega, as demonstrated in my sig.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 42
10-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Here is the complete set.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 43
02-02-2014, 04:29 PM
There was so much false advertising in that trailer that the whole thing should have been taken away completely. Here are a few examples

1. Fleet Starbases look absolutely nothing like that (on the outside). They show them off with a planet in the background, the structures are more tightly packed, and there are a lot of smaller structures around the main five. Now instead of an active solar system, with a planet, asteroids, nebulae, etc., we get a completely empty sector of space with only five structures that are extremely spread out from each other. This applies to Fed and KDF both. There were scenes of multiple locations for both bases, all had vastly more scenery. Scenes of indoor locations where one could look out and see their starbases and other structures are currently non-existent.

2. After seeing the Tholians in the location of a Starfleet ship with floating bodies and players(?) with environmental suits, I expected a new featured mission series based on the Tholians. Instead, we got another battle zone that people rarely visit because it is simply another grind.

3. The topic of this thread, the uniforms. While the Odyssey uniform was represented quite well, except for the pieces on the wrists that appear to share the design of the top of the uniform jacket. However, the Bortasqu uniform is currently missing so many pieces that I barely considered buying it. It is currently missing the jacket that extends below the belt, in a sort of trench coat fashion, shoulder pads, both single and doulble, a sash which appears to be a solid color (hopefully one that players can change the color of), and a collar which matches the shoulders. All of these pieces, I might add, can be seen, in the game, equipped on Captain Koren (of the IKS Bortasqu) and her command crew.

So, this begs the question... WHEN ARE WE GETTING THESE THINGS?

Two seasons have gone by while we wait for more enhancements in the Fleet Starbases!
Captain
# 44
02-03-2014, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoemg View Post
However, the Bortasqu uniform is currently missing so many pieces that I barely considered buying it. It is currently missing the jacket that extends below the belt, in a sort of trench coat fashion, shoulder pads, both single and doulble, a sash which appears to be a solid color (hopefully one that players can change the color of), and a collar which matches the shoulders. All of these pieces, I might add, can be seen, in the game, equipped on Captain Koren (of the IKS Bortasqu) and her command crew.
See my post directly above. It's missing 4 shoulder pads, 4 collars ,3 boots, 3 bracers, the long coat option, the sash, and 3 belts.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
Empire Veteran
# 45
02-03-2014, 11:58 AM
what i remember most about playing through that new featured ep was ALL the pieces of that uniform set we DONT have access too, that were mockingly shown off on the Bortasqu crew
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 46
02-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Here is the complete set.
You wouldn't happen to also have a screenshot of the complete set of Odyssey uniform variants, would you? I've heard that there was a long, coat version in the Foundry on Tribble at some point, but I never confirmed it. I assume more will be released based on the Bortasqu' set.
Captain
# 47
02-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoemg View Post
You wouldn't happen to also have a screenshot of the complete set of Odyssey uniform variants, would you? I've heard that there was a long, coat version in the Foundry on Tribble at some point, but I never confirmed it. I assume more will be released based on the Bortasqu' set.
Here you go. There is the belt (as worn by Admiral Tuvok), and the Combadge (looks like the Kelvin one form 09) as well as the long coat.

Career Officer
# 48
02-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Here you go. There is the belt (as worn by Admiral Tuvok), and the Combadge (looks like the Kelvin one form 09) as well as the long coat.
I was hoping for a longer coat, kind of like the Vice Admiral coat, but oh well. The belt and Combadge look pretty cool. I guess this is one case where the Klingons got the better end of the deal, assuming these uniforms get complete releases within the next couple of seasons.
Ensign
# 49
02-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
I'll try to keep this short, as it's probably already been discussed on the forums how the KDF Fleet Uniform is kind of lacking.

I just recalled something from Season 6 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...86rQVI_U#t=55s
Precisely this moment, ~55 sec.

What's this that I see? Shoulder pads? A collar? I think I see a sash or a chest-piece as well... Oh I do want that, yes please!

Yet this is what we get in the end - http://imgur.com/4usZv (pic uploaded by another forum user).

Do I even have to say how much disappointed I am by this? Not only the KDF facton doesn't get that many uniforms to begin with, but the ones they do are either ridiculously expensive (Korath Uniform - 200 Lobi, Warrior Skirts - 100/150 Lobi), require an expensive and long grind (Fleet Tailor, Reputation) or are plain and simply incomplete (Bortasqu) or bugged (KHG/Omega with no helmet options since Season 7 launch). Not only that, but they're also character unlocks, with the only account unlock since the game launch being the Klingon Academy outfit...

I know we can beg and plead on our knees for Cryptic to give KDF more love and they won't do a thing unless it'll return a sufficient amount of money, but these recent practices are quite frankly ludicrous. As if they don't even want people to play the KDF faction, yet continue to tease us with all these new toys and shinies we can't or won't obtain. The Bortasqu uniform in particular is blatant false advertising, as the Season 6 trailer (you know, from over half a year ago?) shows us a uniform that we are supposed to unlock through the starbase progression, yet after doing so we only get a basic variant of and no info about the rest... "Disappointed" is a mild way to describe how I feel about this...

Yeah the weird design on the pants also is something that makes me want to go away from the outfit. The Fed Ody uniform it least looks like the one in the trailer while the KDF one is nowhere near what the trailer shows. The shade of red also seems unusual for KDF uniforms since most are dark shades.

This can clearly be seen in the new Spire outfit. The colors are all dull in KDF while in FED side theres all bright colors making it look nicer and pop out.

The different material on the sleeves also makes it unattractive since i believe it's supposed to be leather, i would've preferred it to be all the same material so it blends in and doesn't look odd.

Basically put, the outfit had potential but it was most likely rushed since the patterns look incomplete to me.
Career Officer
# 50
02-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Yep, looks a lot like the Kelvin one just like in the video the OP is talking about.