Captain
# 11
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Even IF they actually were intelligent enough to actually maintain their ships, it would still take them more than 80 years (Kazon ships are slower than Fed ships) to get to Earth...

So best case senario, you will have to wait another 40 years untill they get here...

Long live STO...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 12
02-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Considering Species 329 were deemed unworthy of assimilation ... the Kazon are just half-baked Klingons.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 02-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Klingons without the benefit of long natural lifespans. According to Michael Piller, none of the Kazon were supposed to be over 25, where Klingons live over 150 and appear productive from a very young age until well into old age - Alexander was in the military at an age most humans are in elementary school and of the very old Klingons only Kor was slipping, and even his body was still up to a fight if not his mind.

Wisdom and experience tend to temper violence, and no matter how much your society honors death, it's easier to value survival when you've got another century before retirement than when you've got maybe 9-10 good fighting years in your entire life.
Captain
# 14
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I hope we won't see the Kazon, they were ugly and looked stupid. Also, they were primitive compared to the major power of the Alpha Quadrant. They are cheap Klingons.
Even the Borg don't want to assimilate them.
Career Officer
# 15
02-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I never understand the star trek fascination of making known aliens, no matter how irrelevant like the Kazon or Ocampa into something.

The Kazon are a primitive race with no alliances or uniformity, they have a low level of technology, mostly stolen and their ships are massive and greatly under powered. All that and we saw the Ocampa, who were inferior to them... How you could infuse those into STO without making it a complete joke? Starfleet would crush even an aligned Kazon race with little effort.

The Delta quadrant had some very serious military powers, and some advanced races that could pose threats, along with the borg home.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 16
02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Where in the Path to 2409 is that? Someone mentioned it before but I couldn't find it referenced.
I believe I saw it in one of those Supplements. But since they took down the Path to 2409, I can't go back to link it.

But we see evidence of it in the DOFF mission with Diplomacy Missions to Talaxia and Ocampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Even IF they actually were intelligent enough to actually maintain their ships, it would still take them more than 80 years (Kazon ships are slower than Fed ships) to get to Earth...

So best case scenario, you will have to wait another 40 years untill they get here...

Long live STO...
I don't think they are capable of harrowing the dangers of space like Voyager did. But on the bright side, the Borg wouldn't bother with them since they are inferior.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
02-06-2013, 01:53 PM
All we'd have to do its flash a big bucket of water at them like someone might a bone to a dog and problem solved.
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I don't think they are capable of harrowing the dangers of space like Voyager did. But on the bright side, the Borg wouldn't bother with them since they are inferior.
I don't think so, if they poked their ugly clam riddled hair into Borg space I figure the Borg would just wipe the Kazon out, not leave them be.
Captain
# 19
02-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
But we see evidence of it in the DOFF mission with Diplomacy Missions to Talaxia and Ocampa.
Well I could in a way understand the Talaxians that have a merchant fleet and all that but the Ocampa? They were CHILDREN because the Caretaker STUPIDITY reduced then to that, they had everything given to then, they did nothing but exist ... no actual knowledge, no real means to actually survive the moment that sponge died.

And it died ... dumbass.

The only reason the Federation would send help was to clean up that mess but considering how long did for then to get back, how long THAT was PLUS the Ocampa LOL Genetics (what? they live up to 12 years) I hope you are sending DOFFs with the Necromancer trait because that should be the only way to contact with then.
Career Officer
# 20
02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well I could in a way understand the Talaxians that have a merchant fleet and all that but the Ocampa? They were CHILDREN because the Caretaker STUPIDITY reduced then to that, they had everything given to then, they did nothing but exist ... no actual knowledge, no real means to actually survive the moment that sponge died.

And it died ....

The only reason the Federation would send help was to clean up that mess but considering how long did for then to get back, how long THAT was PLUS the Ocampa LOL Genetics (what? they live up to 12 years) I hope you are sending DOFFs with the Necromancer trait because that should be the only way to contact with then.
Take you don't like the Ocampa?

You forget Kes went back and surely taught them some things before the end of her lifespan.

And for us in STO, Ocampa would end up being one of two Hubs in the Delta Quadrant (the other is the Delta version of DS9 that Voyager stopped at to get supplies).