Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Think up reasons why! my 10 are:

10. Darth Vader has only one sphere, the Death Star. The Borg have thousands upon thousands of spheres AND cubes. (Geometric shapes seem to be a favorite among villans...)

9. Those light sabers are kinda primative compared to phasers. Why have a sword when you can have a gun?

8. Star Trek has five series and a lot more movies.

7. The Federation vs. The Force. Idiot Vader wouldn't have a chance!

6. Star Trek's technology is much more advanced. What's so bad about transporters saving you life, anyway?

5. The graphics in Voyager alone are just as good as those in the re-made version of Star Wars.

4. Vulcans, Carrdasions, Klingons, Romulans, Remons, Jem Hadar (I could go on like forever)

3. DOMINION!!!!!!!

2. There is more than one way to get around...from star ships to shuttles to transporters...from warp to transwarp to slip stream...

And the Number One Reason Why Star Trek is Better Than Star Wars:

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the-"

We are the Borg. Resistance as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

I am Vader of Borg, resistance, is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post
think Up Reasons Why! My 10 Are:

10. Darth Vader Has Only One Sphere, The Death Star. The Borg Have Thousands Upon Thousands Of Spheres And Cubes. (geometric Shapes Seem To Be A Favorite Among Villans...)

9. Those Light Sabers Are Kinda Primative Compared To Phasers. Why Have A Sword When You Can Have A Gun?

8. Star Trek Has Five Series And A Lot More Movies.

7. The Federation Vs. The Force. Idiot Vader Wouldn't Have A Chance!

6. Star Trek's Technology Is Much More Advanced. What's So Bad About Transporters Saving You Life, Anyway?

5. The Graphics In Voyager Alone Are Just As Good As Those In The Re-made Version Of Star Wars.

4. Vulcans, Carrdasions, Klingons, Romulans, Remons, Jem Hadar (i Could Go On Like Forever)

3. Dominion!!!!!!!

2. There Is More Than One Way To Get Around...from Star Ships To Shuttles To Transporters...from Warp To Transwarp To Slip Stream...

And The Number One Reason Why Star Trek Is Better Than Star Wars:

"the Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The-"

We Are The Borg. Resistance As You Know It Is Over. We Will Add Your Biological And Technological Distinctiveness To Our Own. Resistance Is Futile.

I Am Vader Of Borg, Resistance, Is Futile.
Star Wars Sucks
Career Officer
# 3
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I for one like my light-saber Bat'tleth. (Until the Borg could adapt to it, that is. )

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 4
02-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post
Think up reasons why! my 10 are:

10. Darth Vader has only one sphere, the Death Star. The Borg have thousands upon thousands of spheres AND cubes. (Geometric shapes seem to be a favorite among villans...)

10Death Star destroys the entire collective.

9. Those light sabers are kinda primative compared to phasers. Why have a sword when you can have a gun?

9Star Wars also has blasters.

8. Star Trek has five series and a lot more movies.

8 Star wars has had 4 series and id catching up on films.

7. The Federation vs. The Force. Idiot Vader wouldn't have a chance!

7)Okay that one doesn't make sense.

6. Star Trek's technology is much more advanced. What's so bad about transporters saving you life, anyway?

6)Star Wars is far more advanced, the whole Galaxy is colonised they have organisations spanning the whole space, oh and hyperdrive.

5. The graphics in Voyager alone are just as good as those in the re-made version of Star Wars.

5) That's a reason .

4. Vulcans, Carrdasions, Klingons, Romulans, Remons, Jem Hadar (I could go on like forever)

3. DOMINION!!!!!!!

4 / 3) As could any Star Wars fan.

2. There is more than one way to get around...from star ships to shuttles to transporters...from warp to transwarp to slip stream...

2)Star Wars has all of them, plus Hyperdrive.

And the Number One Reason Why Star Trek is Better Than Star Wars:

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the-"

We are the Borg. Resistance as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

I am Vader of Borg, resistance, is futile.

1)We are the Borg... This is not the galaxy the collective is looking for we will move along.
Ha Hive Mind so week.

Nice try.
Both are good in their own way, but as about as comparable as Babylon Five and Lord of the Rings.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 5
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I prefer Star Trek for the most part because it is more scientically accurate or plausible, anyway. My loyalties switched to Star Wars for a while while the prequels were coming out, though.

They both have their place. Star Trek for hard sci-fi, Star Wars for soft sci-fi and epic sagas.

Now can someone please fix my lightsaber bat'tleh so I can hack Borg drones in glorious neon colored light?

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 6
02-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Now can someone please fix my lightsaber bat'tleh so I can hack Borg drones in glorious neon colored light?
I had my son look at your Bat'leth. I'm afraid the crystals are burnt out. They need to be replaced.

Unfortunately, the crystals needed only exist in the Star Wars universe.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Nice try.
Both are good in their own way, but as about as comparable as Babylon Five and Lord of the Rings.
Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek more than Star Wars, but that doesn't mean I don't like Star Wars. I love the original trilogy and the Droids cartoon. I grew up on those. And I also enjoy Babylon 5 and StarGate SG-1 and the ALIEN series as much as anyone other sci-fi geek. I like B5 and SG-1 for their surreal settings, and the ALIEN films for its realistic approach to ship design and travel.

Personally, I have to agree with Artan. Star Wars also has it's strong points that get it right up there with Star Trek.

For me, while Star Trek has awesome-looking ships and great characters and time-travel stories, Star Wars makes up for it with good space-battle action - and I'm talking about the original trilogy, not the prequels. The only good thing that came out of the prequels, IMO, were the Naboo Fighters and Ep. III's ending.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
We must remember what George Takai says - Star Trek and Star Wars fans should band together, because the real enemy is out there: Twilight!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 9
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Stark Trek: "They say the best phaser bank is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the phaser bank you only have to fire once."

As for your opinions... artan42 gave some simple rebuttals. My addendum..

10) The first Death Star was 160 km in diameter, the second at around 900 km. Those dwarf the Cubes by orders of magnitude (the smaller Death Star having 238000 times the volume of the 3km Assimilation Cube). The Imperial Star Destroyers numbered in the thousands, and rival the Dominion Dreadnoughts in size... Vader's flagship from Empire and Jedi, the Executor, is estimated to around 17.5 km from comparing its size to those of the ISDs.

9) Why would you use a Bat'leth if you have a laser sub-machine gun? Lightsabers at least are shown to deflect directed-energy weapons...

8) Quantity does not have a direct relationship with quality, and as for material considered canon, there's dozens of books, games, and peripheral material that Lucas Licensing considers as canon... CBS does not consider Trek novels or games canon...

7) Battle Group Omega vs Death Squadron. There's a bit of an order-of-magnitude problem here... and if it was going to a lead figure vs lead figure fight, I'd put my money on the guy who can choke the other one to death by just looking...

6) Sentient machines are a daily occurrence in Star Wars, not merely a technological marvel. Hyperdrive allows one to cross a hundred thousand lightyears in a matter of days, not lifetimes.

5) Evidence? What would this have to do with anything, anyway... ILM (a company founded by Lucas, by the way) did a good amount of the visual effects for both franchises...

4) Wookiees, Duros, Hutts, Twi'lek, Bothans, Mon Calamari, Chiss...

3) The EMPIRE!!! (seriously, what were you going for, here?)

2) Don't need slipstream or transwarp when Hyperdrive is faster.

1) Vader of Borg? Seriously? Vader would probably just chuck droids or debris or bumbling lieutenants at the drones, making it hard to actually assimilate him. The cube would also meet much more resistance than the one from First Contact did, since it would be trying to fight far above its weight range. (Remember the Executor? 17.5 km dagger of death?)
Career Officer
# 10
02-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I like both.

Blasphemy, right?
@HyperLimited