Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Republic Veteran
# 41
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doalxk View Post
And you really expect them to create an entire new interface system to allow for an optional quitting of a single special project versus taking the more efficient route, which is currently the only way to remove a fleet project. You either don't want to finish it and ignore it, or you do want to finish it and they gave you a week's notice. Its not like they're saying that its getting removed today.
They might as well, considering the limited possibility of getting the items needed to finish it.

And no this is not efficient, this is laziness. The players have been asking for a while for a way to stop projects in general. So this should give Cryptic added incentive to get that UI rework done quickly. It would kill two birds with one stone...well actually it would still be the same bird...however it would be a real solution rather than band-aid fix that at least some people do not want.
Vice Admiral Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
Commanding Officer of 12th Fleet's Starbase Operations Division
Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
Career Officer
# 42
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldrin View Post
All the special projects say Limited Time Project, but until now we were told so long as we have it started before the time expires we will be able to keep it. If they were going to change those rules that should have been stated before the project was available so people would know the new rule.
Yeah thats a fair point, although I saw this becoming a problem from the beginning. I can certainly understand it if their numbers told them that enough fleets would have been finished before now, so as not to slow down the uptake of newer projects, but perhaps a shortfall in uptake of the recent chairs unlock is forcing their hand to remove the winter event one so bluntly.

At least they are giving notice. Although, I'd much rather they just bite the programming bullet and develop the darn 'abandon' code that should have been implemented with Season 7 (for personal rep too).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 43
02-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Huh ... should have saved my leftover ornaments ... I'd be RICH!!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 44
02-07-2013, 07:08 AM
If you don't get it finished by the 14th it's getting cleared from your list automatically. The "decoration" is horrible so this is probably your best bet if you can't get the resources in time. Other than that, try not to worry.
Captain
# 45
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
something worth 200k dilithium you mean ? , erm let me see nope
Worth? Probably not.

Costing? Quite likely.
Lieutenant
# 46
02-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Hmm, trade is part of the game. In this case, your disaster is every traders opportunity.

-Profit is in the wind, I wait for it, listening for your screams.
Career Officer
# 47
02-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not sure how? This is just removing the project so that fleets are not stuck with it who can not complete it.

...because we were told (don't remember by who) that the project would be converted so that it would require different items to fill, instead of the winter items.

And so it would be completable in any circumstance, instead of just being removed.

anyway, the projects result is HORRIBLE,
i hate the Breen Ornament being always ON when you enter the base,
never remembering the OFF mode when you press it,
not only is a Breen ship floating in the middle of your base, also the 2012 sign is there... 1st it is 2013 now, and 2nd in-game it is 2409... this makes no in-game-world sense whatsoever.

any fleet who did not complete it: be happy that the immersion in your Base stays intact, i would remove it from our base instantly if i could.

we were told it had an OFF function, well yes it has, only that the game does not remember that you switched it OFF when the instance has reset the next time you visit it will be ON

(i mean... at least make the default option OFF, so we can switch it ON when we want to see it, but as it is this thinh is just intrusive, immersion breaking, and annoying.)

It even made it into the Demo Record of a recording that was taken before we had it unlocked -> it is now in the Fleet video a member made for us.
Captain
# 48
02-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Uh-huh...

Never mind that Your announcement just made every last ornament in the Exchange...,

Jump in price by a few Million EC's...
NICE !

I've been saving those items for this eventuality.

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 49
02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Wow seriously, you guys at Cryptic think that THIS is the solution.

I do hope you are going to put an announcement about this not only in the game, but on that launcher as well??
Career Officer
# 50
02-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
NICE !

I've been saving those items for this eventuality.

Me too, going to make a bundle on the exchange now!
Closed Thread