selling your kidneys?
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 12
02-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
selling your kidneys?
Start by selling your DOff's kidneys, then when you run out, sell your BOff's kidneys...

Tour the Universe can get your a million or more and you don't have to go to every sector... look to STOWiki...

Doing missions like the Breen missions that reward ship components and sell them on the Dilithium store for 50%. Each is worth 100K EC in your pocket.

Starbase 24 gives a lot of green loot, some blue and purple that are good on the Exchange.
Republic Veteran
# 13
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjets View Post
The foundry grinders are pretty decent. In Battleship Royal Rumble I can typically earn 400-500k ec out of it. I would highly recommend DOFFing aggressively if you can. If you get good at it you can dump some of the better DOFFs on the exchange that aren't bound, but keeping a steady stream of missions running helps with the cash flow. I would specifically recommend looking at engineering missions -- there are research upgrade missions for all the space and ground items that are 8 hours long. If you have halfway decent DOFFs you usually get a blue quality --- which is good vendor trash.
Which difficulty do you run it on if I may ask?
Republic Veteran
# 14
02-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Running BRR on anything above normal is a waste. Loot drops are of barely better quality and the mission takes a lot longer to complete.
Captain
# 15
02-08-2013, 04:01 AM
Tour the universe 1hour 1.7mil +

Borg engines, Raiding Party and Diplomatic Immunity (normally from people around Wolf 359), Purple Astrometrics Doff

After getting the Tour from the chap in the club

Leave Sol space and head for beta Urse

As soon as you transfer to Beta do a quick instance swap and you will be at the far end

From there head up to Orellis and complete there and hang a right into Eta Erandi space
go through EE as quick as you can and head to Omega Leonis and through the Klingon Gate to Borg space

When in Borg space head for the very centre point, by going through the very centre it hits all 4 sections and head straight for Fluidic space

When there you can head back to Sol via transwarp (should be on a 4-5minute timer with a purple astrometrics) - if not just before the tour get the stranded in spae assignment - it takes you just outside of sol for 100ec and reverse to sol

End the tour mission and get it again - repeat every 5 or so minutes for 200k per run
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 16
02-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
selling your kidneys?
Or your enemies.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 17
02-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Cracking open standard, reinforcement and gamma doff packs from the lockboxes on KDF side.

I've been making an average of ~1.100.000 EC in profit for every 11-12 packs, which take me about 10 minutes to "process". Downside is that you need room for Doffs and more than one character (due to the limit of 40 slots on the exchange) for it to be effective.
Republic Veteran
# 18
02-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Cracking open standard, reinforcement and gamma doff packs from the lockboxes on KDF side.

I've been making an average of ~1.100.000 EC in profit for every 11-12 packs, which take me about 10 minutes to "process". Downside is that you need room for Doffs and more than one character (due to the limit of 40 slots on the exchange) for it to be effective.
Anything from a lockbox is not an efficient way to make EC, at all, considering the zen/dil/ec required to get the keys.
Captain
# 19
02-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Anything from a lockbox is not an efficient way to make EC, at all, considering the zen/dil/ec required to get the keys.
Unless you're not wasting your dil and Zen on fleets then it's a prefect way to make EC with little effort.

But yeah, I can see why that would annoy a hardcore grinder.
# 20
02-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Tour the universe 1hour 1.7mil +

Borg engines, Raiding Party and Diplomatic Immunity (normally from people around Wolf 359), Purple Astrometrics Doff

After getting the Tour from the chap in the club

Leave Sol space and head for beta Urse

As soon as you transfer to Beta do a quick instance swap and you will be at the far end

From there head up to Orellis and complete there and hang a right into Eta Erandi space (I would add that when you get to Eta Eridani sector block change instance and you find yourself next to Donatu cutting your time by several seconds, therefore in one hour increasing your E.C. to 2.19 to 2.25 million with Borg engine mind you)
go through EE as quick as you can and head to Omega Leonis and through the Klingon Gate to Borg space

When in Borg space head for the very centre point, by going through the very centre it hits all 4 sections and head straight for Fluidic space

When there you can head back to Sol via transwarp (should be on a 4-5minute timer with a purple astrometrics) - if not just before the tour get the stranded in spae assignment - it takes you just outside of sol for 100ec and reverse to sol

End the tour mission and get it again - repeat every 5 or so minutes for 200k per run

Last edited by divadretep; 02-08-2013 at 08:59 AM.