Lt. Commander
In the most recent episode of Priority One, the hosts were discussing whether or not they would pay for a FE series, since their future is currently unknown*. With that in mind,

How much would you pay for a Featured Episode series?

After you vote, please share your comments

*See this recent post from Tumerboy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I vote for no for paying for content. People should pay only for stuff that makes your character cool or distinctive not content.

City of Heroes has there signature arc missions which are free for subscribers and costs money for F2Pers or whatever they are called in that game. If Cryptic ever does have people pay for content, then it should be free for Gold Members. Give people a reason to pay for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd pay 1200-1400. Don't need whistles and bells but I'd expect voiceover for that price.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
I'd never pay for it, and I'd probably leave if they roll out paid FEs. Content is already starved in this game, and the little we get is time-gated, there needs to be real story content we can play on our time, and not cstore-gated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Its to general to answer. There would need to be ground rules.

Like I wouldnt pay if it was spread out over a month like the others have been to disquise the fact its like 1 - 1 1/2 hours of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2012, 06:06 PM
If FE have to have some price in order for them to exist, then they should be free after a certain amount of time. Pay $5 to play the FE right now or wait 3 months to play it for free.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I'd be willing to pay $1 per episode, or $5 for a series of 5 missions. Why? Because a movie costs double that and I only get 2 hours of entertainment.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'd be willing to pay $1 per episode, or $5 for a series of 5 missions. Why? Because a movie costs double that and I only get 2 hours of entertainment.
Per episode? I'd be willing to pay comic book prices of $3-4 an episode. Comic takes about 15 minutes to read. But I'd want pretty art, music, AND voiceover, considering how much of an FE can be prefab.

Basically, I'd pay. And I wouldn't care about new tech-y gimmicks like shuttles or EV suits. But my willingness to pay would based on them feeling more cinematic than existing episodes do. And that's not all cutscenes.

I'm thinking more like "What Lies Beneath", fully voiced. Coliseum, fully voiced.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I voted $0. In reality, if the game's cost model swings this way, I'd just have to see how they structure it, but it would be a disappointment. I'm happy to pay for ships or cool cosmetic items, and I enjoy trying my luck a few times on the lock boxes when they come round, but there's something about paying for story content that rubs me the wrong way... I want the game to still be completely free for those who choose to experience it that way. I'm happy to chip in for extras and non-essentials to help with the upkeep.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I would pay $ 5 for a 5 mission series or $1 for a single mission like you said. I would only do so if they actually hired more content writers and focused on actual character development in a story.
Closed Thread