Lieutenant
# 21
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Hmmm it may not need all the equivalent ships from the get go, but they would definitely need to have "something" to get if they opened up a time ship crate ((same stats, some sort of romulan model ))
Career Officer
# 22
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I think we are all getting our hopes up, all this probably is is the next FE.

A romulan faction would take a tremendous amount of work, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Ensign
# 23
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I so want to get an D'Deridex ship.
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxidejacko View Post
PvP
It will be slaughter first months at level 50 without damage done\recieved accolades, fleet ships\gear\weapons, stf rep gear, funky consoles. Looks pretty onesided for me and Romies n
Actually, in an interesting, if indirect way, this'd actually be very fitting in with their story. The Romulans are re-building, so it actually makes a lot of honest sense for them to not have all the top-of-the-line stuff.

Just wanted to mention that.

Captain
# 25
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I think we are all getting our hopes up, all this probably is is the next FE.

A romulan faction would take a tremendous amount of work, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
It's totally an FE. Everyone is off their rockers with this faction talk.
# 26
02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Playable Romulan faction wants:

Admiral Level D'Deridex class warbird with a Tactical based layout.
Don't want Cryptic to turn the D'Deridex into a new Galaxy Retro. A ship everyone wants. But ultimately unplayable or difficult to play.
Career Officer
# 27
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't see why they'd need an Ambassador/Kamarag equivalent, a flagship, and a 100-day vet ship right out of the gate. Sure they should get them, sooner rather than later, but they aren't wholly necessary for a release.

I also don't see why a cat race is a necessity at all. Caitians are canon and the Ferasan are a Kzinti homage. There's nothing even remotely close to that for Romulans. But I guess some people just really like being cats. *shrug*

OP did forget to mention Hirogen as a race, but I suppose they wouldn't be necessary on release day either, so long as they find their way to the C-Store eventually.

Otherwise it's a fairly solid list of concerns. I could see it being doable in six to nine months if they halted just about everything else and put all 50-something employees to work on it. But that would mean another drought like in 2011 when they revamped every mission to scale with the player (and myriad other F2P alterations), which they did with something like 23(?) people. Incidentally, if they've been planning this since S7 came out, the May launch window would be around seven months, which is inside the timetable...
Career Officer
# 28
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Romulan faction MUST to be pure romulan,without remans or any alien species or ships

We ll rebuild Romulan Star Empire for romulan nation only !!!!

any other solution had to be crap!

Please cryptic don't ruin romulans as you ruined Federation & Klingon Empire.
Republic Veteran
# 29
02-08-2013, 05:21 AM
I don't think Romulans need to be 100% from the go, personally I don't really mind the KDF don't have as many levels to level.

A vet ship early on would be nice, and the fleet stuff should be easy enough to do. The vet ship would have a plasma lotus I would assume?

Romulans and KDF should be available at the beginning of the game though.
Career Officer
# 30
02-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Was mentioned in an earlier post about PvP. I'm not sure whether this can be done or not, but I wouldn't mind seeing a three-way PvP. FED vs KDF vs RSE. In addition to that, I wouldn't mind seeing some other PvE scenarios (similar to Kerrat).

FED vs KDF vs RSE vs Enemy ~ 4 players per faction, fighting in a scenario where there is only one team win. The losing teams would still get rewards, though not as much. If such were for Omega Marks (example) then the winning team would get 100 marks, and the losing teams get 50 marks each. Just for an example mind...

I don't get either why people want only a pure-romulan faction. Klingons should be pure, but they're not. Factions need some variety, and there is variety to be had. If people don't want to play with anything other than Romulan or Reman, then that's great, for them. They can create a pure Romulan (or Reman) crew. I still believe though that the option for other races should be there for those of us that want them. Species such as the Suliban, Hirogen, Vulcan, Vaudwaar, Fen Domar, Son'a, Cardassian etc.