Commander
# 51
02-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by causalityeffect View Post
OR... just to be really REALLY hilarious.

No Romulan faction at ALL, instead the Klingons and Federation are going to unite into a single faction. That would make me laugh even harder than the river of tears that will occur if the Romulan Faction hopes were crushed.
Yeah, this "game update" makes me think of "new game enhancements" and all the fun associated.

Moving away from one descriptive term to coin a new one, SWG went from "Publishes" to "Chapters" which makes me think of this need to drop the word "Season" in STO.

Maybe they will cite engine optimizations to change a "few" things in order to make STO more modernized in terms with what NWN has got going on?

Who knows but your post is quite funny and could even be a portent of things to come. Hehe.

Either way, my popcorn and I will be awaiting. This is going to be good.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Rihannsu
# 52
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
what i see coming according to DStahls "we need to put factions in the correct place" is:
- every faction gets a tutorial and some 3 missions
- content is shared from lvl 5-50
- cross-faction PVE and PVP
- cross-faction reputations

only unique faction stuff.:
- HQ and academy
- Fleets
- DOFF system
- ships, uniforms and stuff
- daily missions

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 53
02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
if there's going to be any Romulan fraction then it should come with a warning, something like "work in progress, play it at your own risk".
This might reduce the number of complains in this forum in future.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 54
02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
DStahl: "New PVP Changes inbound... out with the old and in with the new... soon-trademark... almost here... introducing... TRIBBLE RACING!!!"

*crowd cheers madly as fanboys lose their minds and run naked through the forums in glee*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 55
02-11-2013, 12:57 AM
...Or the new romulan faction is part of the KDF (to increase their ranks) and the content the romulan faction provides closes the gap of missions the KDF is suffering.

...or we are looking at a level cap raise, and the romulan faction starts at lvl 50...and the corresponding missions are adapted for kdf and starfleet.

PVP balanced around 3 factions? doubtfull. I rather think romulans will join with one of the 2.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 02-11-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Commander
# 56
02-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Mays "update" to contain 4 "normal seasons" worth of updates/changes?

OKay so math time here:

7 "seasons" released over the course of 34 months or so = roughly 5 months on average between seasons.

So "4 normal seasons" would amount to "20 months" worth of work which would be 1.6 yrs of time for development = plenty of time to toss the KDF a few bones while creating the Romulan faction even up to KDF "standards".

Yay for fuzzy math?
It does look like fuzzy math, until you realise that the Dev team has within the last year apparently nearly tripled in size (from about 15-20 to 40-50). Take into account that they may have been working on Season 8 during the Beta for Season 7 and some team members possibly before that and it becomes clear that they mayhave had more than enough time to produce something 4 times as large as any season previously.
Community Moderator
# 57
02-11-2013, 05:48 AM
They've said repeatedly there won't be a Romulan faction until the KDF faction has a complete experience. Dan's said the current Klingon experience is not considered complete, and has given some ideas as to what he considers necessary for it to be so.

Anybody who is interpreting this as "we're getting a full Romulan faction in May" is doing so in the face of direct evidence to the contrary. We're certainly getting something related to Romulans, and whatever it is a lot of work has been, and will be, spent on it; but there is no reason to think it's going to be a full Romulan faction but sheer wishful thinking.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Republic Veteran
# 58
02-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Judging by the S8 title, I suppose a full KDF faction is also "wishful thinking".
Career Officer
# 59
02-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
They've said repeatedly there won't be a Romulan faction until the KDF faction has a complete experience. Dan's said the current Klingon experience is not considered complete, and has given some ideas as to what he considers necessary for it to be so.

Anybody who is interpreting this as "we're getting a full Romulan faction in May" is doing so in the face of direct evidence to the contrary. We're certainly getting something related to Romulans, and whatever it is a lot of work has been, and will be, spent on it; but there is no reason to think it's going to be a full Romulan faction but sheer wishful thinking.

To be fair, you could probably write books about what has been said compared to what has actually transpired.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Rihannsu
# 60
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post

You do make some valid points. I would agree that my own interpretations could be construed and written off as mere "wishful thinking", especially given the history of what Cryptic has managed to actually deliver over the last three years content-wise.

Over the past week or so since the teaser was released, I've tempered my enthusiasm down a bit, however, I'm still inclined to believe that we will be seeing some major changes in the STO galaxy come May.