Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Daniel tomorrow.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Will we ever get a very rare aenar duty officer in Ferra's duty officer store?
Captain
# 3
02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
The Foundry War is really spinning out of control. Any word on a compromise that will satisfy both sides?

Will the Remans ever get their own unique ships? I believe the Countdown comics provided a rough frigate design already.

Does "March Beneath the Raptor's Wings" mean what I think it means? Are we looking at a playable Romulan faction coming in May?

Are you still planning to remaster some of the older missions? I know a couple that could really use an update.

Are you still planning to revamp exploration? Can you give us any idea of how and when that might happen?

Will we get to properly meet the captain and crew of the K.D.F. Bortasqu'? We see them at Tau Dewa every now and then, but it would be nice to actually talk to them.

Why is the Terran Empire helping the Tholians? After that incident on Nukara, I would expect them to hate each others' guts. Will we get an answer soon?

Would it be possible to redo the KDF tutorial mission where you have to run around Qo'noS? It's really tedious and probably at least partly responsible for the lack of KDF players.

In the last Ask Cryptic, you hinted that STO might become compatible with Macs in the not-too-distant future. Can you tell us more about that?

Are there any plans to add audio FX to the Foundry?

Since much of the New Romulus storyline depends on progress in the Reputation System, there are undoubtedly many players who are missing out on it by not bothering with the Reputation grind. Will any future storyline content be restricted to Reputation Tiers in the future?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 02-08-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Ensign
# 4
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
The recent teaser trailer suggesting that their will be Romulans added to the game soon.

If this is so has this given the team a good insight into what it takes to add addition faction to the game and will we see any more such as the Cardassians or Borg? Or given the work involved will we see additional faction species and ships added via the store so that the focus can be on building up the factions already in game?
Rihannsu
# 5
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
The anniversary episode 'Temporal Ambassador' was superb, and quite possibly the best mission in the game. While I love FE series, can we get these single episodes more often going forward? Producing stand alone episodes must be easier than trying to string a whole series together.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 6
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi Dan & Dev team. Thank you for the best anniversary yet!
Can you tell us when we will find out exactly what is happening in May 2013 for STO, and what content we might be receiving in the meantime?
Captain
# 7
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Dstahl,

If it is true that the games space engine cannot handle more than four weapons per side (front/rear) and the Fleet ships already have increased stats/conosoles over regular/T5+ ships, what will be the real benefits for ranks for above Vice Admiral/ Lt. General when the rumored level cap is raised?

When can we get the Cryptic Pony Combat Pets?

Oh yeah, the Rechargable Batteries in "Temporal Ambassador", gotta' have them, how much??
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
  1. When might we see the opportunity to claim new IDIC tribbles? I have serval new captains since it was introduced and I would love to get it on those captains. I also wouldn't mind if it was added to the C-Store.

2. Will there be a way to either finish or clear accolades from prior "special" events? My fleetmate has the accolade in proress for having Q turn you into another form 5 times from the 1 year anniversary event but that is no longer available and complains that it is always in his "To Do" list of Accolades.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Ensign
# 9
Any chance of getting Efficient Saurians or even non-Efficient Saurians added to the T4 Marauding Commendation Bridge Officer reward?

Followup: Y'all ever gonna fix it to where we can actually use our faction uniforms on the Marauding/Diplomacy Boffs?
Career Officer
# 10
Nearly everything in the game cost dilithium and though there is more ways to obtain ore the refinement cap in the game's current form is just to low. Could you increase the daily cap to at least 10,000k, or lower the cool down on the veteran refinement from 2 days to 20 hours?

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet

Last edited by saltypineapple; 02-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Closed Thread