Career Officer
# 171
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
2 questions for ya kind sir,
1: Is there going to be at some point a way to change the look of our Fleet bases instead of all of them looking the same?
2: We get to name our star bases, but when you warp in on a Fleet action. It just shows the base name as "Star Base" or something along that line. I think it would be a major morale boost seeing your own Fleet base in action.
Starfleet Veteran
# 172
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
When are the Tholian, or what I like the call the "Trholian" Red Alerts gone be fixed?

When is their gone be a a expansion on the 400 Duty Officer cap?
Ensign
# 173
02-07-2013, 04:41 PM
HI Dan! First of all all, let me say thanks for all the incredible hard work you guys put in on this game to keep it great!! My question is two fold:

1. Some people (me especially) are starting to max out all categories on their duty officer system. When you get there.. you expect fireworks and trumpets and.... NOTHING. Could we have have an accolade for maxing out the ENTIRE duty officer system? Also, could certain special missions be made available to those who do max it out that offer even greater rewards, for instance: DOFF Missions that DIRECTLY award fleet marks that pop up randomly? Those of us who strive to max the system out, there should be SOMETHING for that, and directly awarding fleet marks would be a great incentive to keep grabbing those missions!

2. The accolade system is futile. There is no incentive to chase those titles, and the passives just dont cut it, what if every accolade collected rewarded the player with either a fixed or randomized amount of dilithium or ZEN? Nothing huge, maybe 5 zen or something like that, but something meaningful, that would make getting all the accolades worthwhile, and people would be everywhere in the game, chasing them down!!! Again, thanks for all the good work and god bless!
Empire Veteran
# 174
02-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Will the Karfi and Orion Marauder be getting fleet variants?

In a recent interview you mentioned the next major thing to come to ships will be warp engines that effect the ships performance. Can you expand on that and give us some detail on what it might entail?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Rihannsu
# 175
02-07-2013, 04:44 PM
With the veteran rewards ended at day 1000, what is possibly coming to subscribers for STO?
Captain
# 176
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Question 1:

With the exception of the addition of more doffs which each lockbox, it's been almost a year now, since the duty officer system has gotten any new content in the form of new space or department head assignments. The Romulan sectors (especially Tau Dewa) are a complete wasteland for doffers and I was rather disappointed that we didn't get any new assignments when New Romulus launched.

Can we expect the Doff system (esp. in Romulan sectors) to recieve some love in the future, or is it pretty much staying the way it currently is?

Question 2:

Is there any chance the "Patrol System" missions outside Tau Dewa are going to be part of a repeatable daily as well?

Question 3:

Any hope in getting the T4 marauding Boff fixed? It's been over a year now that it was promised that someone would be looking into it. Ever since then there was no feedback on the issue. Any feedback or reaction, even if it were something like "We know it's a problem, but it's not easy to fix" would probably appease a lot of frustrated doffers.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=247350
(post #7 and #10 were posts from a Dev)
Commander
# 177
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Hello Dan, 1st off Congrats on all the success so far.

1) What are the possibilities of the Doug Drexler NX Refit being released since we now have the Vesta and the Ambassador?

2) Will we be seing a Temporal Cold war soon? It was many fans favorite part of Star Trek: Enterprise.

3) How Soon can we expect to see the Delta Quadrant?

-Thank you for your time and have a great day.
-Vice Admiral Devon Smelker
Career Officer
# 178
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Why do you seem afraid to answer some of the more critical questions people ask? Recent Ask Cryptic's have been full of questions that are "PR friendly" and don't really seem to address the game's more serious issues, such as the poor quality control and the plethora of bugs that plague the game after a large patch is implemented.

And again I ask, what is being done about quality control?
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 179 New Lock Box idea
02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I fully understand that an extremely small fraction of anything in this thread will be worked on/in/through in any speedy time frame. Therefore I would like to suggest a possibility for a future lock-box opportunity and open up one aspect of Star Trek that posed an interesting morale subject. The Omega Molecule.
Has Starfleet or the KDF come to a point of development and understanding to finally apply the use of a Harmonic Resonance Chamber to stabilize some Omega Molecules and fuse their awesome power into our starships?
True there would be a degradation of their total power with the limited technologies available. So as that it wouldn't completely overbalance the game experience.
I know I would probably spend way too much money on getting keys to open Omega Molecule lock-boxes.

Happy B-day STO <3
Ensign
# 180
02-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Why weren't the Odyssey vessels put in their own respective categories, and no option to put a special universal console on a ship of our choice?
Closed Thread