Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
02-08-2013, 07:04 AM
people are offended by an advert?

how do you make it through life being that easily offended?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
02-08-2013, 07:12 AM
That's nothing, you can actually download and play Champions right through the launcher, and will almost certainly be able to do the same with Neverwinter!

EVERYBODY BE OFFENDED!
Captain
# 13
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
It's only the beginning, PWE can 'pimp' whatever they like in that box and it's only a matter of time before they start selling the ad space to generate revenue. I can hardly wait for the ad featuring coca-cola or the trojan massage device.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 14
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
It's only the beginning, PWE can 'pimp' whatever they like in that box and it's only a matter of time before they start selling the ad space to generate revenue. I can hardly wait for the ad featuring coca-cola or the trojan massage device.
Hey, if SOE could pimp PIzza Hut Delivery with an IN-GAME slash(/) command is EQ II, back in the day...
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Survivor of Remus
# 15
02-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Not sure where the sense of entitlement is coming from on this one. It's a free-to-play game. It's ability to generate income is based in great part on bringing in new players willing to spend 5 or 10 bucks every now and then on extra bits and bobs. If they chose to use that space to cross-promote their own games, then they are certainly within their rights to do so. If it bothers you that much you can always quit playing STO and support a company that you feel appreciates your sacred right to play free games without ever been reminded that the company providing it needs money to continue operating.
Career Officer
# 16
02-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd like to say I miss the FREE ZEN ads... but...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 17
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatsauce View Post
Not sure where the sense of entitlement is coming from on this one. It's a free-to-play game. It's ability to generate income is based in great part on bringing in new players willing to spend 5 or 10 bucks every now and then on extra bits and bobs. If they chose to use that space to cross-promote their own games, then they are certainly within their rights to do so. If it bothers you that much you can always quit playing STO and support a company that you feel appreciates your sacred right to play free games without ever been reminded that the company providing it needs money to continue operating.
+1

ten characters
Captain
# 18
02-08-2013, 02:44 PM
People pay attention to adverts on the launcher? Blimey. I gave up noticing adverts online, oohh, donkey's years ago now.
Career Officer
# 19
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I didn?t mind the advert since it caught my attention with boobs.... but then I made the terrible, unforgivable mistake of clicking on the image (and I mean clicking in the actual sense of the word you pervs).

Holy crap, Neverwinter sure is expensive and hasn?t even launched, the trailers are nice and of course totally meaningless for showcasing the actual game.... which looks pretty ugly so far.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 20
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I do wish they abandon the bloody game engine and work on something better for large immersive worlds. Maybe buying into the Crysis engine?

As it is, making a larg-ish continuous world using the Cryptic engine looks like flogging a dying horse.

Good IPs, great concepts, limited systems. :S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.