Survivor of Remus
# 1 chroniton projectile weapons
02-07-2013, 08:17 PM
What is the difference between the chroniton torpedo laucher and the chroniton flux torpedo laucher?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
The Flux Torpedo has a chance to kill extra crew on the enemy ship.

Any torpedo that hits a ship with shields down will kill crew. The Flux torpedo just has an extra crew-killing bonus on it.

The STO Wiki also says it has a chance to reduce its own recharge time. It would be interesting if someone could confirm that. That might make it worth using.

http://www.stowiki.org/Chroniton_Flux_Torpedo_Launcher
Career Officer
# 3
02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
The STO Wiki also says it has a chance to reduce its own recharge time. It would be interesting if someone could confirm that. That might make it worth using.
It doesn't. Whoever took that screenshot for the wiki had a projectile weapons officer doff equipped and, like a moron, assumed its proc was part of the weapon.
Captain
# 4
02-09-2013, 09:08 AM
What's funny is that the chroniton torpedo from the show is basically the transphasic torpedo in STO
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It doesn't. Whoever took that screenshot for the wiki had a projectile weapons officer doff equipped and, like a moron, assumed its proc was part of the weapon.
You know I've also noticed a number of shields (such as the assimilated shield) have had their wiki screenshots taken while on shuttles. This makes someone doing wiki research on gear think that they would be crap, and they're not.

I wonder if it's just helpful people making mistakes out of stupidity, or if someone is trying to sabotage the Wiki?
Career Officer
# 6
02-09-2013, 09:26 AM
It does have a slightly higher DPS number than normal Chron Torps.

I was using it as a rear weapon on my Wells (U.S.S. Elise McKenna) for a while, because it matched the Temporal Disruption Device that works on the Wells...

And with a Mk XII-Very Rare, Chroniton Flux Regulator (+30%), I was able to maximize my kinetic damage with both weapons.

I've since moved on to experiment with the Omega Cutting Beam and the Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher as rear weapons.

So far, this combo has worked really well for me in the Borg STF's.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.