Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Hello,

I'm thinking about subscribing, at least for a while, and I need a bit more info I was unable to locate so far about what happens if/when I decide to stop paying for a while.

-The extra character slot that you get with the subscription: is that character still accessible after the sub expires? Same for extra Boff slots.

-The extra inventory/bank (including account bank): can you still use it afterward? If not, what happens to the items in those slots?

-The cash limit: does it stay at 1 bil, or does it drop back to 10 mil credits?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 804
# 2
02-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't remember exactly, but I know that you stop earning Energy credits if you are over the ten million limit, you don't lose anything, but you can't gain any more until you get down below 10 million.

I remember hearing that you keep any extra bank slots that you bought, but the extra slots you got for being a gold member go away and any items over the limit are mailed back to you.

I think you keep any extra boff slots you earned, but extra characters might be greyed out until you either buy more slots or re sub. Those characters are still there though and don't get deleted any extra empty slots disappear, but they come back if you resub too.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 3
02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
f9thaceshigh: I dunno where you got your information from but it's completely false.

lordblades2: I was in a similar position to you a while back when I got a monthly subscription when I stopped subscribing I kept the unlocked slots that you have gained, including the bank, inventory and wallet expansions.

You also keep the extra character slots you have gained, these are permanent even if you delete a character.

The only things that stop once you stop subscribing are the foundry access, in game voice chat support, priority queuing and of course the veteran rewards counter.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,065
# 4
02-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
...
-The extra character slot that you get with the subscription: is that character still accessible after the sub expires? Same for extra Boff slots.
As long as the Character slot is occupied, you can access that character. However, if you should ever have 1 empty character slot (by deleting a character or buying a new one purchased from the Z-Store) you lose that empty slot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
You also keep the extra character slots you have gained, these are permanent even if you delete a character.
.
This only applies if you had a subscription account before the start of F2P, otherwise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
-The extra inventory/bank (including account bank): can you still use it afterward? If not, what happens to the items in those slots?
All earned inventory slots (Personal inventory, Bank, Shared Account Bank, BO slots) you keep
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
-The cash limit: does it stay at 1 bil, or does it drop back to 10 mil credits?
Silver accounts default back to 10 million EC. Should your balance be over 10 Mil when you convert, you keep the balance, but any EC you would normally earn will be lost until your balance drops below 10 mil. If your balance is below 10 Mil, and you earn something that will take you over the limit, you gain only up to the 10 Mil cap limit, and any amount over that will be lost... (The only way to avoid this is to purchase the EC Cap limit increase from the Z-Store)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=246741

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 02-07-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 5
02-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
Hello,

I'm thinking about subscribing, at least for a while, and I need a bit more info I was unable to locate so far about what happens if/when I decide to stop paying for a while.

-The extra character slot that you get with the subscription: is that character still accessible after the sub expires? Same for extra Boff slots.

-The extra inventory/bank (including account bank): can you still use it afterward? If not, what happens to the items in those slots?

-The cash limit: does it stay at 1 bil, or does it drop back to 10 mil credits?
Everything goes to Silver defaults except stuff you've purchased with Zen. I'm pretty sure all of your stuff sits in suspended animation until you resub, but don't quote me on that.
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 139
# 6
02-08-2013, 12:38 PM
You basically keep everything you earned on that character (those characters). but going forward, any new characters will have silver benefits.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 AM.