Lt. Commander
Is anyone else having an issue with the "impostor ship" at the very beginning of Assimilation? I tried it last night, and the mission briefing says that I am supposed to defeat it. As I have all kinds of level-appropriated rare and very rare weapons and consoles as well as all kinds of skills training, not to mention the fact that I have had no problem fighting Undine Ships before, I didn't think this would be a problem. Cut to: my shields being taken out with two shots of the "Poseidon's" beam weapons, and my ship being destroyed by the subsequent projectile. Warp in and warp out? Same thing. Drop the mission and reacquire? Same thing. Is this a bug? Are there tips for defeating it that I missed, I read and reread all of the briefings, but I don't see anything. Am I suposed to evade? Lead it somewhere? Perhaps to these two-spheres-and-a-cube that most of the other Assimilation posts mention?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I think you're mixing up the missions. The Imposter Poseidon is the opening battle in Terradome, which is an STF and STFs cannot be completed solo.

Assimilation, where you can get the borg console, is in a different area.

It can be confusing as both planets are NGC, but one of them is NGC 4447 the other is 2447 iirc. Not logged in atm, to verify which is which.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Ah-HA!
04-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I will look again. I knew it had to be something along those lines. I only hope I can make a dent in that thing's shields with four other players. *phew*
Lt. Commander
# 4 Assimilation
04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzilla76 View Post
Is anyone else having an issue with the "impostor ship" at the very beginning of Assimilation? I tried it last night, and the mission briefing says that I am supposed to defeat it. As I have all kinds of level-appropriated rare and very rare weapons and consoles as well as all kinds of skills training, not to mention the fact that I have had no problem fighting Undine Ships before, I didn't think this would be a problem. Cut to: my shields being taken out with two shots of the "Poseidon's" beam weapons, and my ship being destroyed by the subsequent projectile. Warp in and warp out? Same thing. Drop the mission and reacquire? Same thing. Is this a bug? Are there tips for defeating it that I missed, I read and reread all of the briefings, but I don't see anything. Am I suposed to evade? Lead it somewhere? Perhaps to these two-spheres-and-a-cube that most of the other Assimilation posts mention?
Don't feel bad i did the same thing and going WHAT THE is going on until i realized i was in the wrong place.
lol
Ensign
# 5
02-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
IThe Imposter Poseidon is the opening battle in Terradome, which is an STF and STFs cannot be completed solo.
OH for crying out..

I guess that's why he was so hard. Got him down to 38% hull left and held him there for 20 mins before I went down.

I don't think the mission description gives adequate warning
Captain
# 6
02-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh my god, dude, 2 year old topic.
Ensign
# 7
02-23-2013, 07:34 AM
And yet the ONLY one that addressed the topic