Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Ships as Megazords?
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
This is going to sound really stupid for a topic, but here it goes:

When Power Rangers in Space came out back in the 90's, I always thought the Megaship look a lot like the Defiant. It had some of the Defiant's features, making me wonder if Japan got the idea for the Megaship design from Star Trek.

Thus, I had this idea for a topic: if you could take any starship from the Star Trek universe (original canon or Abrams) and give it a Megazord transformation, which ship would it be and how do you figure the transformation would work?

For me, ever since Star Trek: First Contact, I always imagine how the Soverign Enterprise-E would work as a megazord. Well, for one thing, for the transformation to work, in my opinion, the saucer would of course separate for the transformation to start. The body of the megazord would come from the warp-drive section of the ship, with the pylons and nacelles serving as the back wings for the zord mode. I also though of the nacelles turning into the arms, but I don't think that would look right, not unless the nacelles fold up into the right size, length, and shape for the arms. The Head for the megazord would have to come up from the deflector dish area, with the battle bridge located on top of the head. The saucer section could either serve as a hover board or a large shield or back-pack unit. That's pretty much how I picture it. The only problem with such a transformation is that the warp-drive section would only have the battle bridge, engineering (located in the chest area), and shuttle bay, and nothing else. You would have to get to these three areas by transporter, as the rest of the warp-drive section holds the body of the megazord within.

I know this kinda idea seems silly and unreal, but I'm not trying to be realistic or anything. I'm just letting my imagination run wild with two worlds I still love - Star Trek and Power Rangers.

Plus, Star Wars did a transformers toy line, I figure as toys, this could work somehow, yet I could be wrong.

What do you guys think? =/
Rihannsu
# 2
02-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Have you ever seen a Guramba Seige Destroyer in action?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Or the Chimera?

But now that you mention it, I imagine the Galaxy class turning into a lion (with the saucer forming the mane) or into a knight (with the saucer making a tower shield).
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 4
02-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Or the Chimera?

But now that you mention it, I imagine the Galaxy class turning into a lion (with the saucer forming the mane) or into a knight (with the saucer making a tower shield).
Like to see a Dev change into someone who fixes stuff.

( come on, some one was bound to say it =p )
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Captain
# 5
02-08-2013, 12:12 AM
A ship that transforms to deploy some kind of exotic weapons array I get, but transforming into some kind of beast or humanoid shape seems pretty pointless when the activity is happening in space. How the scimitar reconfigures to fire it's primary weapon is as far as I would want to see happen is this genre, giant transformable robots is just too far off the path.
Captain
# 6
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
A ship that transforms to deploy some kind of exotic weapons array I get, but transforming into some kind of beast or humanoid shape seems pretty pointless when the activity is happening in space. How the scimitar reconfigures to fire it's primary weapon is as far as I would want to see happen is this genre, giant transformable robots is just too far off the path.
Though this might be an exception...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAvMUUJr4

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Ensign
# 7
02-08-2013, 12:37 AM
The Odyssey into Mega Maid!

Last edited by mullin1; 02-08-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Seems I was too slow on the reply button lol
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-08-2013, 12:43 AM
I will...

just leave....

These....

right here.

If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
LOL! Those just made my day!
Plus, I can totally see Starscream as a Bird-of-Prey. =3
Rihannsu
# 10
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Though this might be an exception...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAvMUUJr4
Well.... that does seem to count as an exotic weapon array.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.