Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
# 1 The bio neural warhead
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
let me ask u some thing why cant fed ship have it because the uss voyager is the first ship to even see them
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 2
09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphazer View Post
let me ask u some thing why cant fed ship have it because the uss voyager is the first ship to even see them
http://www.stowiki.org/Bio-neural_Warhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO wiki
A Bio-neural Warhead is a heavily armored tricobalt explosive equipped with shields and a Point Defense System, piloted by an onboard sentient Bio-neural A.I..
I'm guessing that has something to do with the Federation not using this particular technology.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,031
# 3
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphazer View Post
let me ask u some thing why cant fed ship have it because the uss voyager is the first ship to even see them
Umm no, they used basic Tricobalt devices, they did not use bio neural warheads.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 4
09-17-2012, 06:20 PM
One, because it's not the kind of technology the Feds would use.

Two, it's a KDF exclusive and should remain so. We get some of those too, you know? It's not all about the Feds.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,517
# 5
09-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
http://www.stowiki.org/Bio-neural_Warhead


I'm guessing that has something to do with the Federation not using this particular technology.
Seriously, that part.

It's existence seems to be a simple act of cruelty. It needs minimal intelligence and gains nothing by being sentient - other unmanned devices exist that duplicate its functions without sentient AI. It is brought into existence only to die. It's as if the only reason for it to be sentient is that conventional warfare just isn't cruel enough for some people. Those people need to know that their bullets are dying, too. Because.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 6
09-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
One, because it's not the kind of technology the Feds would use.

Two, it's a KDF exclusive and should remain so. We get some of those too, you know? It's not all about the Feds.
What he said. Besides, think about it. Why would the Federation use tech like that? It's basically death on impulse engines. Feds are supposed to be more civilized. The KDF on the other hand is not above using something like that to get the job done, because let's face it, it's brutal, it's cruel, it's disgusting, but by GOD it's effective.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,971
# 7
09-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Why does the KDF has something I can't use on my FED toon? I call foulplay! This has to stop!

Or, you know, make a KDF char. If you want one thing the other side has... play the other side instead of demanding everything is copied in blue. It's not that KDF content is something exclusive you couldn't access by creating a klingon toon for free.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 8
09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Seriously, that part.

It's existence seems to be a simple act of cruelty. It needs minimal intelligence and gains nothing by being sentient - other unmanned devices exist that duplicate its functions without sentient AI. It is brought into existence only to die. It's as if the only reason for it to be sentient is that conventional warfare just isn't cruel enough for some people. Those people need to know that their bullets are dying, too. Because.
Bio-Neural Warhead: It's like strapping a missile to a puppy and telling it to go fetch.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 625
# 9
09-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Bio-Neural Warhead: It's like strapping a missile to a puppy and telling it to go fetch.
Its been done...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

In Several...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

Different ways...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 10
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
As a Fed player, I'd like to keep the Bio-Neural Warhead KDF-exclusive.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 AM.