Captain
# 191
04-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
They were spike, and they still can be spike.

However healing has gotten so out of control at this point that DHCs+CRF are actually "pressure damage".

Drunk even DHCs with CRF are often neutralized without SNB at this point in most mid/high level team play.
Well yeah, they are spike, and they are not spike. Are they still spike against someone with 20+K shields and 70+% resistance? Lol no.

For me spike is the thing that gives the highest possible damage within a few seconds on the right opportunity/timing trying to negate most of the hull/shield resist these days, which is hard. Still pretty doable but requires an enormous about of timing.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-23-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Captain
# 192
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Same weapons.

SNB created gap + buffs.

Difference between pressure and spike, eh?

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Career Officer
# 193
04-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that just proves how broken elite shields are. nothing is spike in mid to high level play. its just a combination of everything you can throw at a target, 3 snbs, and luck.
You know, I wanted to come back to this because last night I ran into a Nova Elite team in the queues and I have to tell you, they were using BFAW to really good effect.

I don't know exactly what they were running, but even my Elite Fleet shields weren't safe from 5x ships all BFAWing at once, several of them with APA up. (we had proper healer support as well)

My team won in the end, but it was actually kind of a refreshing match because it was so unexpected, and they put the hurt on more than a few of us before the match was over.

Captain
# 194
04-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
You know, I wanted to come back to this because last night I ran into a Nova Elite team in the queues and I have to tell you, they were using BFAW to really good effect.

I don't know exactly what they were running, but even my Elite Fleet shields weren't safe from 5x ships all BFAWing at once, several of them with APA up. (we had proper healer support as well)

My team won in the end, but it was actually kind of a refreshing match because it was so unexpected, and they put the hurt on more than a few of us before the match was over.
They wiped all 5 of us before we even really knew what happened
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 195
04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Two KDF FAW boats. One with Elite Disruptors and one with Phased Polarons. Both with Leech and Tet Glider. Would that point out the "soft" targets in the crowd?

Career Officer
# 196
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Two KDF FAW boats. One with Elite Disruptors and one with Phased Polarons. Both with Leech and Tet Glider. Would that point out the "soft" targets in the crowd?
They were Fedboats, with a mix of energy types.

Empire Veteran
# 197
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:

when an entire team is built around FAW, suddenly its not just damage shot all at random. i had a feeling 4 of 5 FAW boats could make for an interesting team, but only when the whole team is behind an attack like that will it be effective
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 198
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:

I have a feeling I know exactly what they were doing.
Captain
# 199
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
They were Fedboats, with a mix of energy types.
Yeah, I know Nova's Fed...was a separate question along the lines of FAW.

The duo that's stripped my shields the fastest were a Krenn/Korath combo running Tet Glider/Leech with Phased Polarons on one and Elite Disruptors on the other. Course, they were running DHCs/Turrets.

You have two guys FAW - watch for which guys are affected the most...thus, you have your soft targets sort of thing. Just wondering about what different folks might bring to a team sort of thing...

Captain
# 200
04-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I wonder if that new tac accuracy debuff stacks as well, when spammed with FAW.