Captain
# 1 DEM III boff
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Does anybody know where i can buy a boff with DEMIII from ive looked for days on the exchange checking literally every hour and cant seem to find one to buy
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 2
02-08-2013, 08:21 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Dire...rgy_Modulation

DEM3 can only be trained by an engineering captain with 6 point in energy weapon specialization.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Edit: Nvm, ninja'd.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Captain
# 4
02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Ahhhh s**t now i look like a dork i have it on another alt just thought i got it from exchange sorry folks thanks for help!

is there anyway to train a boff on one character then mail it to another or do you need friends for that
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 5
02-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Ahhhh s**t now i look like a dork i have it on another alt just thought i got it from exchange sorry folks thanks for help!

is there anyway to train a boff on one character then mail it to another or do you need friends for that
You can only send DOFFs through the mail. Just tried that recently.

You'll need a buddy to transfer the BOFF officer to. Also, character bound officers cannot be traded (like the Romulan, Remen, and Breen BOFFs)
Commander
# 6
02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
You can only send DOFFs through the mail. Just tried that recently.

You'll need a buddy to transfer the BOFF officer to. Also, character bound officers cannot be traded (like the Romulan, Remen, and Breen BOFFs)
Actually you CAN send BOFFs through the mail. I have done it many times including one I trained for people.
Captain
# 7
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
Actually you CAN send BOFFs through the mail. I have done it many times including one I trained for people.
That's weird.

I tried sending a BOFF to myself through the mail, and it wasn't working for me.
Career Officer
# 8
02-08-2013, 12:27 PM
You cannot mail a BOFF that has been commissioned into your crew, so you cannot mail a BOFF you have trained.

You can mail BOFFs from your candidate list, but you cannot train those.
Captain
# 9
02-08-2013, 02:07 PM
If you need one of your current bridge officers trained in DEM III I would suggest asking in Zone chat on Earth Spacedock. There are quite a few players willing to train the ability for free, though it is a common courtesy to tip them ~25,000 EC for their time. There are a few players in the game that will offer to train it for a fairly large sum of energy credits. Don't bother working with people like that, there are plenty of reasonable players willing to help out.

To perform the bridge officer transfer, take all of the gear off the bridge officer. Next open the trade window and drag the name of your bridge officer from the left column and drop it into the trade window. Accept the trade and the other player will receive your bridge officer (providing they have at least one open bridge officer slot. Once the player is done they simply trade the officer back to you.