Commander
So I got to T4 Diplo with one of my fed characters and grabbed a Nausicaan tac boff to send to another of my characters to fit with his theme, and it's telling me the boff is bound when I try to mail it even though it does not say it's bound, and did not say it was bind on pickup when I chose it from the diplo award store. If there was going to be a change to make them bound there should have been appropriate changes made to the in game descriptions to reflect them being bind on pickup.

I'm mostly annoyed because had I known they had been changed to be bound I would have picked a different boff on that character. That one is useless to the character I picked it up on, so I'm stuck with a boff I can't use and no way to get another one. That and if I do find a use for it I'm unable to have it trained in any of the player trainable skills I'd want, which further makes it useless to me.
Career Officer
# 2
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
They've been that way since the doff system started and the diplo boff was made VR instead of the old common. It aint new.

Dec/2008
Commander
# 3
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
I've seen VR diplo/marauding boffs on the exchange. I know they're VR, because I specifically searched under VR quality and they showed as purple.

Infact right now as I'm typing this there is, ironically, a purple Fed Nausicaan tac boff on exchange for 30m, and 2 purple Orion boffs for 100m each.

Ok, the Nausicaan is gone but the Orions are still there, take a look and see for yourself.

Last edited by talien; 03-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I wondered this too some months back. I saw the Orion Boffs going for 100mil each, so I worked like hell to reach Diplomacy #4 only to find out (to my horror) that the Boffs were bound.

Those you see on the exchange are the ones that subscribers acquired from before the change was made, thus anyone who still has one can sell it on if they so wish. That's why some can be found on the exchange; they're the same Boff, just one is before the update and thus not bound, whilst the current ones are stupidly bound.

Cryptic Logic. Don't try to understand it.
Career Officer
# 5
03-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
I've seen VR diplo/marauding boffs on the exchange. I know they're VR, because I specifically searched under VR quality and they showed as purple.

Infact right now as I'm typing this there is, ironically, a purple Fed Nausicaan tac boff on exchange for 30m, and 2 purple Orion boffs for 100m each.

Ok, the Nausicaan is gone but the Orions are still there, take a look and see for yourself.
There are other ways to get Orion and Nausicaan BOffs, including purple quality.
Captain
# 6
03-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I kept my Orion slave girl, thanks very much.

No wait... I mean "Chief Medical Officer". Yeah. That's it. She's my... personal physician.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 7
03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
There are other ways to get Orion and Nausicaan BOffs, including purple quality.
As Fed? Please share.
Career Officer
# 8
03-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
He's on about the ones you get as rewards for reaching Diplomacy/Marauding #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
As Fed? Please share.
There is no other way, at least, not that I am aware of, and I've done a fair bit of research on these.
Career Officer
# 9
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/Duty_officer/Special

They're rewards from "Instigate Defection."

Vukarno and Alleina are Orions.

Mulrshi is a Nausicaan.
Captain
# 10
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
they are talking about Bridge officers not Duty officers