Career Officer
# 41
03-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I currently have an excess of 68 BNP's and 107 mining claims.
It would be nice to use all these to get refined dilithium,but i can't due to this stupid silly rule of 8000 a day.
8000 a day is NOT enough. Devs do something about this problem now.
The current dilithium cap is unjust and its unfair.
Please either substantially raise it or scrap it altogether.
It is an inconvenient nuisance and holds up being able to complete projects.
You sir should just park your Character in the mining station, do the mining thing once a day for the next 3 or 4 months, fill up the rest that day with BNPs to get you 8k maxed.

And then swap characters to one that doesn't have that much dil piled up.
If you have only that one character, time to start a 2nd 3rd or 4th...

thats what i do anyway with my dude that has 50 Dil Claims...
Captain
# 42
03-04-2013, 06:30 AM
lets put it this way, you like how we have a somewhat balanced system now?

well if we remove the cap, the balance goes out the window then the devs need to find something else to limit us like oh say removal of the dil from everything but one mission?

quite simply put, you remove the cap then something worse comes through.

I would also like the cap increased to a minimum of 10k maximum of 12k.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
03-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I have 476 mining claims lol It's going to take me over a year to claim them all lol.

I kinda wish I could spread them amongst my characters
Career Officer
# 44
03-04-2013, 06:39 AM
I maintain it should be 50k a week but should go up by 1k for every space ESTF completion and 2k for every ground ESTF optional completion. I imagine that would be a net increase for most people.

And it should be a weekly reset, not daily, as people tend to miss out a lot by not playing daily.

And rate earned per hour of ore probably needs to be adjusted up to around 5k per hour.
Career Officer
# 45
03-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
How do you guys even hit 8K limit? When ever I get near it or hit... I am normally pretty tired of the game and looking to do something else or I go to bed.
I know this all too well, It's been over 2 weeks since I last summoned up the will to log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I maintain it should be 50k a week but should go up by 1k for every space ESTF completion and 2k for every ground ESTF optional completion. I imagine that would be a net increase for most people.

And it should be a weekly reset, not daily, as people tend to miss out a lot by not playing daily.

And rate earned per hour of ore probably needs to be adjusted up to around 5k per hour.
This would be a really good idea that might actually get me back into the game on the weekends.

But alas as with many good ideas it will go totally ignored
Career Officer
# 46
03-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
So either directly screw over the playerbase with an arbitrary cap whose sole purpose is encourage cash shop transactions...

or

Indirectly screw over the playerbase with an arbitrary system that devalues a currency reward that players already worked for?

Methinks you need to go to Plan C.
It's not exactly arbitrary. There are deliberate reasons for it.
Career Officer
# 47
03-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Sloviathans post in the other thread really got my attention I thought it was a brilliant idea to have a weekly cap

(Which this thread should be merged with)
Captain
# 48
03-04-2013, 06:44 AM
this would only work if it is broken up into limits.

say 8k cap done, past it you can only refine 8k at a time and gets worse each time to the 10th degree.

the unfortunate truth people usually ignore is Zen gets earned through this.and If I had an excess of say 400k dilithium ore which btw is easy to get within 2 days of non stop borg stf playing and some other methods.

then I can quite literally refine as much as I want and get zen for nothing, it'd be like Cryptic paying me to play the game.

btwI have an excess of 1.6 million dil ore on my fed. if this is implemented then I can get 8k zen in an instant, I also have an excess of 600k dil on my klingon.

its not gonna do so well on the other end if this is implemented.
Captain
# 49
03-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It's not exactly arbitrary. There are deliberate reasons for it.
None of which are there to be advantageous to players.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-04-2013, 07:32 AM
If their base math says 480 dil = 15min, then the 8000 cap means player can maximum play 250 minutes (4 hours) per day. Which I think is enough. Longer play should be 'punished' (not rewarded as much)