Lt. Commander
# 61
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I have an 88,000 dilithium refining cap on my account. If you are really interested in "farming" dilithium, which I think is pretty boring, you simply need to make more alts. You can then transfer the dilithium to your main character.

Personally, I find grinding boring.
Yeah, I see that argument a lot too and I'm not interested in buying any more character slots so I can grind myself to death getting each one to 8k per day. That makes me cringe. I like my couple characters and that's all I want to focus on.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Career Officer
# 62
03-04-2013, 12:25 PM
The terrible thing is people would buy a refinement increase. I know I would in a heart beat, if it was reasonably priced. For Lifetimers, over the long haul a refinement increase would be free, if they invested their stipend in it.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Career Officer
# 63
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
If their base math says 480 dil = 15min, then the 8000 cap means player can maximum play 250 minutes (4 hours) per day. Which I think is enough. Longer play should be 'punished' (not rewarded as much)
Really?

You want to punish someone who chooses to play more than 4 hours a day, thats not going to go very well, because the people who play for longer periods are the ones who are more likely to spend money on the game.

Never talk about punishing a playerbase, it will be painful... for you.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Captain
# 64
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Here's my take on this...

The RD cam is needs to remain as-is for free/silver players.

If you want more than the cap allows for, then buy zen and trade it for RD on the exchange.

For non-LTS GOLD players
let the daily refinement cap increase by 800 for every consecutive month player has been subscribed, up to 36 months (3 years) resulting in a maximum refinement cap of 36800 RD per day.

For LTS GOLD players, Set the maximum refinement cap to 37000 RD per day immediately.

This way, there is an ever-increasing incentive to go Gold, as well as one to go LTS.

Those who do not want to spend any money do not have to. But the 8000 RD cap remains the best they can do short of trading Zen for it.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 65
03-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
None of which are there to be advantageous to players.
Not everything can or should be advantageous to the players, at least where the ability to get cash currency for free is concerned. Cryptic, and PWE by extension, needs to make money. Dilithium to start with gives us a way around it, but if there was absolutely no incentive to spend money in the cash store, how do you propose Cryptic make money?

Removing the cap is an irresponsible, greedy, and short-sighted idea. Alternative versions of a cap, like the propsed reduced return over 8k or L99's 50k a week, would be fine. But not a removal.
Rihannsu
# 66
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
For what it is worth I dont support the idea of a limit to be frank. The mechanic seems to be there purely to provide incentive for people to purchase and well I dont like such things. I was not happy when STO went F2P because of knowing such BS would end up in game and most if not all of the good stuff would end up behind such a gate but I digress...

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Commander
# 67
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
I posted in the other thread about this suggesting a cstore cap increase, giving players a slightly higher cap and cryptic a little cash.
May not solve this indefinitely but might help a little.
Captain
# 68
03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Why not just up the limit for the Veteran Dilithium refiner contact as it's available to LTS'ers, right ?

Quadruple it.

All others need to sub for the 800 days.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 69
03-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Yeah, I see that argument a lot too and I'm not interested in buying any more character slots so I can grind myself to death getting each one to 8k per day. That makes me cringe. I like my couple characters and that's all I want to focus on.
I am not sure I understand your reasoning. With a very small number of exceptions, the dilithium cap only affects people who "grind" dilithium. If you do not "grind" dilithium, then you rarely have to worry about the cap. If you do "grind" dilithium, you have not presented a valid argument that "grinding" dilithium on multiple characters is different than "grinding" it on one character.
Career Officer
# 70
03-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I'll just post what Dastahl has said about increasing the cap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Average max level player refining per day is nowhere near the cap yet. Once the average Dilithium refined per day by max level players gets closer to the cap, we'll consider it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post8072311

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I am not sure I understand your reasoning. With a very small number of exceptions, the dilithium cap only affects people who "grind" dilithium. If you do not "grind" dilithium, then you rarely have to worry about the cap. If you do "grind" dilithium, you have not presented a valid argument that "grinding" dilithium on multiple characters is different than "grinding" it on one character.
LOL. Now I know why your forum handle is Logicalspock.