Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 61
02-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Although I haven't tested anything on Tribble in a while. This thread here points out some side effects to the graphical "fixes" the team has apparently made.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 971
# 62
02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Fastest base turn rate of any escort with 5 Tac consoles and two LTC Tac seats that isn't the Jem bug. Also the only 5 Tac-console ship capable of cloaking that has a turn rate of higher than 6.

I doubt it's any squishier than it used to be. Probably the only time whoever balances/designs ships actually had their head screwed on straight when whipping up stats. Don't worry, though. You're not missing out on that much awesomeness compared to other escorts on account of your lower shield mod, most of it comes from that third ENS Tac station.
Jem'hadar Attack Ship has a shield modifier of 1.0. Fleet Advanced Escort has 5 tac console slots and the ability to load the MVA console, while having a shield modifier of 0.99.

And in practice, the cloaking device is not some uber-awesome ability. It's barely useful in PVE, and in PVP good for an alpha strike buff... but beyond that, not useful unless you can escape combat.

In short, the cloaking device is just not a good enough reason not to give Fleet Tac Escorts the proper shield modifier for a Fleet ship -- especially since not everbody who buys one has the cloaking device.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 48
# 63
02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
How About a fix for 2 ships selected. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=543511
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 64
02-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
I noticed a bug with this patch,
did you guys mess up the Space traylayout that had the boffs on them? [...]
select another ship and then your ship you want again and it is fixed, maybe a copying issue?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 984
# 65
02-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Jem'hadar Attack Ship has a shield modifier of 1.0. Fleet Advanced Escort has 5 tac console slots and the ability to load the MVA console, while having a shield modifier of 0.99.

And in practice, the cloaking device is not some uber-awesome ability. It's barely useful in PVE, and in PVP good for an alpha strike buff... but beyond that, not useful unless you can escape combat.

In short, the cloaking device is just not a good enough reason not to give Fleet Tac Escorts the proper shield modifier for a Fleet ship -- especially since not everbody who buys one has the cloaking device.
The cloaking device is pretty good imo. It gives you the ability to play mind games with your opposing team. I attack a ship thinking it will be a one on one, but moments later I have a mean alpha strike cleaving into me at an unpredictable moment and time. The escorts ability to pretty much one shot ships means this can really be a problem with the element of surprise added in.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The Constellation is made up primarily of Connie refit parts and it is tier 5, there is no logical reason whatsoever for the no tier 5/6 connie rule.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,449
# 66
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
The cloaking device is pretty good imo. It gives you the ability to play mind games with your opposing team. I attack a ship thinking it will be a one on one, but moments later I have a mean alpha strike cleaving into me at an unpredictable moment and time. The escorts ability to pretty much one shot ships means this can really be a problem with the element of surprise added in.
That's only really helpful for PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 67
02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
The cloak of the Defiant is useless I have replaced her with a Neutronium Alloy.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 354
# 68
02-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Plasma Flamethrower please please please please bring it back ... i need it so much ...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 69
02-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
Plasma Flamethrower please please please please bring it back ... i need it so much ...
I have to agree with this. The rep system holds absolutely no value or point to me without this item being available.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 70
02-11-2013, 09:52 AM
So...how less dumb are carrier pets?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 AM.