Commander
# 1 Bugged Doffs from the Exchange
06-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with buggy doffs that they bought off the exchange.

My most recent buy was a purple adak'ukan about a week ago. Since then I have noticed that the system appears to recognize that the doff exists but doesn't actually allow me to use it in any mission or put it on active duty

For example, in this case I have attempted to use it for Jem'Hadar related missions (gauge limits, replicate shroud process, etc...) and have noticed that even when my other two Jem'Hadar doffs are on other assignments, the system still allows me to get as far as picking a doff for said missions (clearly implying the system knows there is such a doff available) but nothing shows up on the recommended list or the full expanded one. This goes for any other mission that requires a security officer - the doff doesn't show up as usable for any of them.

and yes, I have checked multiple times to ensure the doff is actually there and not on duty or anything else. In fact it won't let me put it on duty, the button just gets grayed out.

So I take it i'm correct in assuming that there is some kind of bug with the system?
Rihannsu
# 2
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Um, yeah, quintuple check to make sure he matches your faction. I've seen it happen several times, but every now and then peeps buy something that isn't the right faction.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Yup, not a bug (unless its new). You bought a doff of a different faction. This happens a lot with prisoners. Right click the doff to be sure you can use it. Also, there's a new box to select on the bottom of the exchange window so you don't see stuff from the other faction. However I noticed a bug while using that box. I don't recall what happened but the exchange omitted something I could in fact use.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
06-09-2013, 06:41 AM
The faction icons are bugged. You still have to go by the background image.

What does work is the new "show only usable items" option. When buying officers, ALWAYS enable this setting.
Commander
# 5
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Yup, not a bug (unless its new). You bought a doff of a different faction.
Then how come its listed as usable by both factions on the wiki?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Adak%27Ukan
Captain
# 6
06-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
Then how come its listed as usable by both factions on the wiki?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Adak%27Ukan
No single DOFF is usable by both factions, they just spawn as both.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah there are two version of Adak'Ukan, one Fed and one KDF.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.