Lieutenant
# 101
03-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratk View Post
Saw him too yesterday. Even if he didn't accomplished to get me killed that way, i know what you are talking about. But a 20 seconds immunity is far too much! It would be sufficient to have a immunity for just a few seconds to get out of range a bit, or use Hypos.
I already have been able to use Hypos in the acutal situation and get out there alive.
Yeah I just ran into that KDF player in question. Don't worry guys he got his --- handed to him for exploiting broken game mechanics in 3 matches earlier today. His team lost all 3 matches. There are many ways to deal with this. Just beware the noob is using operative with it.
Empire Veteran
# 102
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Engineers with cover shields are able to exploit the Shanty Town map by climbing up top. Using it for sniper posts, mortar spam, ETC.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 103
03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Not even Engineer is needed. My alien is Sci, and I climbed all the way atop that large ship behind Red terminal in Shanty Town. So, Shanty Town can be exploited by ANY CAREER, and ANY SPECIES that knows how. You just need to look around and read the map.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Empire Veteran
# 104
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Not even Engineer is needed. My alien is Sci, and I climbed all the way atop that large ship behind Red terminal in Shanty Town. So, Shanty Town can be exploited by ANY CAREER, and ANY SPECIES that knows how. You just need to look around and read the map.
And what happened to it being cats to blame for this?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Captain
# 105
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
What happened is that I used something that is not a cat to disprove the overpower-ness being rumoured....

Commander
# 106
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
You either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts. Somebody spending three minutes getting up to a useless place where the enemy team can ignore them completely is not an issue.

A cat taking three seconds to get up on an extremely useful overlook, doing something up there, jumping down to get at an enemy around a corner, then hopping up on top of another building where nobody can follow to get away, then dropping down on the spawn, then hopping up and over a wall where nobody can follow, then hopping up onto a catwalk that nobody else can access (even if they take an hour of clever jumping) and spawncamping from absolute safety, then hopping out of the bounds of the map and running back to their virus post, then running the virus around the outside of the map where nobody can get at them, then hopping up and over the wall to deliver the virus, then hopping up another wall to get back into the fight without taking the long way around or going through the bulk of the enemy force...

THAT is an issue.

Last edited by guriphu; 03-06-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Captain
# 107
03-06-2013, 06:45 PM
And THAT is why i love you Subu
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 108
03-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
You either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts. Somebody spending three minutes getting up to a useless place where the enemy team can ignore them completely is not an issue.

A cat taking three seconds to get up on an extremely useful overlook, doing something up there, jumping down to get at an enemy around a corner, then hopping up on top of another building where nobody can follow to get away, then dropping down on the spawn, then hopping up and over a wall where nobody can follow, then hopping up onto a catwalk that nobody else can access (even if they take an hour of clever jumping) and spawncamping from absolute safety, then hopping out of the bounds of the map and running back to their virus post, then running the virus around the outside of the map where nobody can get at them, then hopping up and over the wall to deliver the virus, then hopping up another wall to get back into the fight without taking the long way around or going through the bulk of the enemy force...

THAT is an issue.
Funny I just saw a non-cat doing all of that.. Of both engineer and tac classes.
Captain
# 109
03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
^ Yeah. That. And that ship I mentioned......you can put mortars up there, as well as shield and medical generators to defend the Snipers. That, plus the fact that you can see half the map (including the rooftops) makes it a nearly IDEAL sniper spot. If you want to look for an exploit, it qualifies, plus it is accessible to any species that knows how to get there.

Captain
# 110
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
^ Yeah. That. And that ship I mentioned......you can put mortars up there, as well as shield and medical generators to defend the Snipers. That, plus the fact that you can see half the map (including the rooftops) makes it a nearly IDEAL sniper spot. If you want to look for an exploit, it qualifies, plus it is accessible to any species that knows how to get there.

That position is only 'useful' when you are facing a spawn camp, nothing more. In a balanced match where both teams are fighting hand to hand and all the action is in the middle of the map (usually one team on their side of the map an the other team in the opposite side) what is the point of climbing up there if you don't have range to engage? even with a sniper rifle or mortars, you just don't have range.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com