Republic Veteran
# 251
06-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoc View Post
The security doffs are procing at 2-300hp a tick for 10 seconds. I do agree this almost completely will stop ground pvp. I know tacs that don't even want to play with these doffs as they know it will either break the qs or get nerfed.
I quit playing Tac a long time ago as PvE was way too easy, I can only imagine how boring this Doff would make it. On the plus side, might be able to solo all Elite STFs and get optionals as Tac now, lol.
Ensign
# 252
06-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Ground Pvp? It's dead Jim.

Just had a round of Shanty with a fleetmate + 2 randoms against one tac and his company... that tac did around 50k damage with his 3 DOT-Doffs...

It would even be better to take my space-tac with 3 DOT-DOffs for ground-PvP instead of my healer-sci...

I hope this doff was just a joke, if not, we could rename "ground PvP" into "Ground Tac-V-Tac"
Career Officer
# 253
06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the video MrKollins.

That thing is an aberration. Get rid of it, now! Not just to save ground PvP in this game, but for the sake of good game design!
Commander
# 254
06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Security Officer (Ground): Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time.
Witnessed that on Shanty Town yesterday. Ridicolous, it tooks off an Medics HP by a half even quite a while after combat! Overpowered.

Quote:
Diagnostic Engineer (Ground): Your Weapons Malfunction has a chance to chain to nearby targets.
More than 30 meters away? That is what you call "nearby"? Overpowered!
This is Crypticverse...
Ensign
# 255
06-29-2013, 10:20 AM
I was waxed with the tac doff myself and stacking three I cant do as now it says only two can be stacked.

But the engineer can disable weapons with chroniton mines.. you cant shoot the tac doff is useless.

The science doff is you can now launch multiple nanite health monitors.

The tac will be nerfed I am about sure of that. So what about the other doffs? Will they be nerfed?
Lieutenant
# 256
06-29-2013, 03:54 PM
I would nerf all of the doffs vs players and leave them be vs npcs. I have seen tacs using this with the omega cloak and you cant see the shot or ambush bubble. If your that good, you really do not need an invisible one shot from across the map. I have just come to the conclusion that certain people can just play alone in the map. I will beam and encourage my team to do as well.
Doc of Hammer
Commander
# 257
06-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
I would nerf all of the doffs vs players and leave them be vs npcs. I have seen tacs using this with the omega cloak and you cant see the shot or ambush bubble. If your that good, you really do not need an invisible one shot from across the map. I have just come to the conclusion that certain people can just play alone in the map. I will beam and encourage my team to do as well.

I agree with doc, disable all doffs in pvp. I would imagine that as the easiest thing to do from a dev perspective.
Survivor of Romulus
# 258
06-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
+1

/10char....
Lieutenant
# 259
06-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
I agree, Almost all Doffs should either be disabled to the PvP community or nerfed to the point that we aren't looking at a P2W scenario or a "I have no skill so I will hide behind mechanics that make it so i can't lose" scenario.

"Working as intended"... 1 year later they "fix" it.
Lt. Commander
# 260
06-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Just as with many other overpowered doffs and items before this causing enough QQ to the point devs can't ignore it typically gets results. I have been using this tactic all day today so hopefully I helped create enough QQ filled tickets for when borticus comes off vacation :0

As far as disabling doffs for all pvp I have mixed feelings about it. On ground there is only so much you can do to create a build as opposed to space so doff add another dynamic to that build. Space is where they tend to create more problems. In fact this is only really the 2nd doff for ground that has created much controversy with the first being the melee crit and severity doffs. These doffs however make the melee ones look like fair clean play. I have been going around kicking, sniping, aoe attacking some the tankiest sci's in the game today. Then retreating to hard cover as I watch their health hopelessly tick away while there is nothing they can do about it except embrace the death that is coming.

Here is the problem you are going to run into nerfing these. You would have to nerf them to such an extent that they will become useless for pvp. No small nerf here is going to work. My suggestion is to completely change what this doff does. DOT attacks are typically supposed to be very low dmg ticks that last for a long time. I am very sure this isn't going to happen though as the snb doffs still exist just in nerfed form now.

As per the video Kollins made with me these doffs are on par with the snb doff fiasco when those became plentiful. Disabling doffs aren't going to solve the lack of immunities to disables problem or the knockback chaining. Ground pvp still has many non doff issues to solve. Cryptic you guys really effed up here bigger than any other ground issues in the game. This is by far the worst. Know this though I will continue to use these doffs in the hope that QQ filled tickets will flood your inboxes. So fix these fast please before I single handedly destroy ground pvp for good

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 06-29-2013 at 07:42 PM.