Commander
# 31
02-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Item: Ophidian Cane
Issue (1): While Tactical Initiative is active, this item's special power has no cooldown, and can be triggered repeatedly for the duration of tac init.
Issue (2): While the Cane is active, the player is supposed to be locked into the animation and unable to act. This is not the case. Triggering any kit power or attacking will clear the Hold effect but not the health drain effect on enemies, and allow the user to shoot and buff normally, although the user cannot move while the animation is in progress. In conjunction with (1), this allows someone to theoretically trigger the Cane, hold their oponent, shoot them, hold them again, shoot them again, hold them again, etc, for the full duration of tactical initiative.

Item: Stasis Pistol
Issue (1): Weapon Disabled effects break the damage immunity associated with the stasis effect, allowing a target to be killed while unable to react.
Issue (2): Hypos are stated to clear Holds and Stuns. They also clear the Stasis science kit ability. They do not clear Stasis Pistol, and they probably should, given the description, the relationship with similar powers, and the long duration of the disable effect.

---

Attaching an immunity to Weapon Malfunction debuffs (like the one granted by Equipment Diagnostics) to the Stasis Pistol secondary fire should solve problem (1). Since the target is supposed to be in temporal Stasis, it might actually make sense to make the target immune to all debuffs for the duration of the stasis effect.

Last edited by guriphu; 02-09-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
02-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
If it's an easy solution with the tech, yes, I agree that that would be cleaner. I thought red alert lasted 15 seconds when triggered by a self ability (rather than a team ability), though.

We'd still have the problem of kitswitching to a fresh Operative to clear cloak, with either solution method. I think the ideal solution would be to make all kits Unique, if that would be possible. Kit stacking can't be a problem if you physically can't have more than one of each kit.
The problem with switching items to unique after-the-fact is that players will keep extra unique items - same as in the past; they switched already a couple rewards to unique afterwards, extras were staying... if they wouldn't they would need to find a way to reimburse players for losing extras.

Another solution to take care of kit-switching once and for all (at least with the current durations on buffs) could be to put every ability on a newly switched kit on a 1-minute cooldown. That way switching kit's would either be disadvantageous or equal to waiting for normal cooldowns. And the tech to trigger something on a kit-switch event seems to be already there? At least it seems so with engineer pets.. although it works kinda faulty there (not taking care of doff proc pets and pets that were spawned before a death).
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-

Last edited by mikiiy; 02-09-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
02-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post

Item: Stasis Pistol
Issue (1): Weapon Disabled effects break the damage immunity associated with the stasis effect, allowing a target to be killed while unable to react.
Issue (2): Hypos are stated to clear Holds and Stuns. They also clear the Stasis science kit ability. They do not clear Stasis Pistol, and they probably should, given the description, the relationship with similar powers, and the long duration of the disable effect.

Attaching an immunity to Weapon Malfunction debuffs (like the one granted by Equipment Diagnostics) to the Stasis Pistol secondary fire should solve problem (1). Since the target is supposed to be in temporal Stasis, it might actually make sense to make the target immune to all debuffs for the duration of the stasis effect.
Thought i'd mention that the latest tribble patch did NOT FIX the stasis pistol issue yet at all, the gun is still totally broken.. just went testing there in case that they made already progress on that issue. Good suggestions there btw.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Career Officer
# 34
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Sounds reasonable considering I Think the highest cold Resist I've seen from looking at Exchange EV suits was about +5% ish.. And the C-store ones was around +15% maybe? Memory doesn't work that great on the exact figures but that sounds right.
Yeah there is very little to be had from armors.

The best you can do requires being a tac and basically sacrificing all of your damage potential.

Captain
# 35
02-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Updated .
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 36
02-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Regarding Ambush and the plasma grenade. I consider myself one of the best Medics in STO. I am almost never hit by plasma grenades, because I control my timings and evade them. Yet I am still usually overwhelmed by a good tactical officer running Fire Team, even without caitian or the cryo gun. Fire Team does not in any way need the plasma grenade to overwhelm the medic kit; indeed, against a good opponent, the grenade is not a damage ability at all, merely an area denial threat.
Career Officer
# 37
02-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Ability: Transphasic Bomb
This ability has a proximity detection radius (making it go off by itself if an enemy gets close) and an explosion radius. That said:

(1) the detection radius does not seem to consider Line of Sight, but the explosion radius definitely does. This leads to situations where you place a bomb behind a Cover Shield, and when an enemy hugs the Cover Shield from the other side, the bomb detonates but no damage is done. This is also true when the bomb is placed behind a wall.

(2) then the bomb goes off by proximity detection and does not hit anything, it recharges instantly. For one, this messes with the Engineer's ability to manually detonate the bomb: if he tries to do so, he'll instead start planting another bomb and get into animation-lock.

Suggestion: making the proximity detection radius consider Line of Sight should solve (1), and also alleviate (2) by making non-damage explosions less frequent.

[EDIT] Here's a video to illustrate both issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLY3vCwj8w

Last edited by tk79; 02-11-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Captain
# 38
02-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Ability: Transphasic Bomb
This ability has a proximity detection radius (making it go off by itself if an enemy gets close) and an explosion radius.
I'm pretty sure it's not a proximity radius but a "takes enough damage to die" explosion. If you set the bomb and no one shoots it, it has to be manually exploded.

This is actually a good thing - manually blowing the bomb puts it on cool down, but if someone else blows it, you can place another right away.

Your point about animation lock is interesting though - what powers have it? I know for an engineer, the bomb and orbital strike do. Do the other professions have such prominent powers with animation lock?
Career Officer
# 39
02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not a proximity radius but a "takes enough damage to die" explosion. If you set the bomb and no one shoots it, it has to be manually exploded.
I just edited my post to add a video which illustrates both issues. But yes, it also detonates by itself when it takes enough damage.

On that note though, I've never been able to target an enemy bomb using the mouse (my "Never Auto-target Objects" setting is "On"). No matter where I click in the enemy bomb, it just won't target. Does anyone else experience this?
Commander
# 40
02-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post

This is actually a good thing - manually blowing the bomb puts it on cool down, but if someone else blows it, you can place another right away.

Your point about animation lock is interesting though - what powers have it? I know for an engineer, the bomb and orbital strike do. Do the other professions have such prominent powers with animation lock?
The bomb does have a proximity detonation radius now. It is a recent change and not reflected in the tooltip or patchnotes, so far as I am aware. I for one preferred it the way it was.

Strike Team and Science Proficiency have total animation lock (as does Engineering Proficiency), and Nanoprobe Infestation has a partial animation lock.