Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Ensign
I would like to buy the Nausicaan Siege Destroyer and the Fleet Nausicaan Siege Destroyer.

However, if I buy the regular one then it still costs me an additional 4 fleet modules and $20 to upgrade to the fleet version.

How come federation characters can upgrade their ships for $5 if they bought the low level version in the zen store but KDF characters still have to pay $20? It doesnt seem fair that fed players get a discount on the ships they bought in the zen store and kdf players do not.

This is my favorite ship and I really like it but I dont want to pay $50 for both these ships.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-09-2013, 01:04 AM
i guess you mean the Scourge destroyer , siege destroyer is the Guramba.

Anyway since the original scourge isn't a tier 5 ship , there will be no reduction for its fleet version and this is common to all fleet ships .Buying the retorfit (with fleet marks) wont get you a reduction for the fleet one either.
Captain
# 3
02-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Just going to repeat myself here, because I still think the reduction system could've been handled better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
As far as I'm concerned, a linear regression to costs would've been an excellent method.

1 fsm for a T5 refit
2 fsm for a T4 refit
3 fsm for a T3 refit
4 fsm for a T2/1 refit or new ship

Would represent the amount of work needed for the shipyards, then, and make a lot more sense in terms of pricing.

(Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post6919311 )
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
When we're talking Nausicaan ships here, how about that Fleet Siege Destroyer....yup the one Captain Geko mentioned in the podcast. Fleet Guramba!
Any predictions on the amount of boost it will get, like hull etc.?

BTW, OP - that one when goes in game will cost +1 module if you have the C-Store one.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 5
02-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
When we're talking Nausicaan ships here, how about that Fleet Siege Destroyer....yup the one Captain Geko mentioned in the podcast. Fleet Guramba!
Any predictions on the amount of boost it will get, like hull etc.?

BTW, OP - that one when goes in game will cost +1 module if you have the C-Store one.
It'll probably get the same bonuses that most fleet ships get (+10% hull/shields from the non-Fleet version), and a 10th console. Probably not a 5th Tac console, even though it's rather silly that the only KDF ship to have five Tac consoles so far is the tactical Bortasqu'.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Captain
# 6
02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
They won't give it a 5th tac have you seen the damage it can already do imagine the Feds tears everywhere if they did

Don't care where the extra console goes but the extra hull and shields would be handy

As long as they don't screw with the javelin I don't care
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Ensign
# 7
02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Sorry let me clarify.

I would like to buy the Nausicaan Scourge Destroyer which costs 1500 zen or $15.00 in the cstore. It is my favourite ship. I then would like to buy a tier 5 version in the fleet shipyards. But then it would cost another $20 or 4 fleet modules when I get to top rank.

Paying $20 extra for a ship I have already bought seems extreme and the total price would be $35 and that would be usable on only one toon.

I do not pvp so I only need a ship that can win at pve and therefore looks matter to me more than performance. $35 is more expensive than anyother ship that I could buy.

I have well over 200,000 fleet marks so I can get a fleet ship for free in the fleet shipyard.

I would buy the Scourge Destroyer for 1500 zen if I could upgrade for 1 ship module and for 2000 zen have the fleet version also. Paying 3500 zen for a single tier 4 retrofit is stupid. It does not outperform any tier 5 ship and I can only use it on one toon. I feel like I could almost buy another game for that much money. A neverwinter starter pack is only $20. I could buy a game copy of star wars the old republic plus 2 month time card for 3 months of paid time on star wars for $35.

A retrofit version of a ship already purchased should cost 1 fleet module and not 4.

I do not understand why I have to pay more to upgrade a ship I would have already bought than it would cost to buy an expansion pack at lord of the rings online or a new hero at league of legends or a new tank on world of tanks.

It seems like you buy a ship then you have to pay more to upgrade it than it cost in the first place.

Fed characters can upgrade purchased ships to retrofits for 1 fleet module and $5.

It costs KDF characters 4 fleet modules and $20.

No fair
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Yeah, as far as I know, only Tier 5 ships are suposed to get the +1 module option if you already have the C-Store version.
But, you don't have to buy the C-Store Tier 4 version, uless you really want to have the 'Vent Theta Radiation Console'. Just buy the Fleet Retrofit so you don't have to pay that much money you mentioned in the previous post.
If you want the theta though, well that's another thing.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 9
02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
That's the way it is for the kdf we get screwed devs don't like us we don't spend enough money

However e if looks are important why not run the tier 4 scourge? I run my tier 4 bop into elite kase just for lolz and still manage to kill one side by may self faster than 3 fed beam boats(not bragging just the truth)

Or get the kameraag class battle cruiser that's free neat little ship too
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lieutenant
# 10
02-10-2013, 04:01 PM
You'd better level up with the free ships and get directly the fleet scourge, you dont realy have to buy fleet ships with zen , u can get fleet module from exchange for 4-5 mil EC