Commander
I finally have my Corsair Retrofit!

Nice ship, but next up is a Fleet Corsair.

I already have over 5,000 fleet credits, I only need 15,000 fleet credits more and a fleet module and it'll be all mine mawhahahahahahahahahaha.

15,000 fleet credits is child's play.

I get payed today or tomorrow so the Fleet Corsair will soon be mine. Mawhahahahaha.

And then when my Fleet gets a tier 5 science, it will be Elite Slavers for pve and maybe Elite Interceptors for pvp. Mawhahaha...er well okay,my fleet is only tier 3 science, but were getting there.
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-30-2013, 07:38 AM
The fleet version plays differently then the retrofit, mine is setup as a beam boat and support ship. So instead of waiting to get the fleet marks or farm dilithuim to get zen you blew 200,000 fleet credits to get a cosmetic upgrade to the marauder?
Commander
# 3
01-30-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't have a maurader so the simularities don't bother me. As to why I got the Retrofit Corsair is it makes the Fleet Corsair cheaper. Everything else is gravy. I'll save 15 bucks and the Retrofit Corsair is cool in its own right. I got 3 RCS consoles in it and boy does it turn nice

I suspect that the Fleet Corsair will be better, I'm really close to it so I'm going to probably have it by the end of the day.

Oh and the Retrofit Corsair comes with an empty hangar, no new pets. I stuck my advance in the hangar.
Commander
# 4
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
I use single cannons, turrets and Mines. That won't change. I mostly pve, so I'm focusing on damage science and enigeering powers, like Directed Energy Modulation, Feedback Pulse, Emergancy power to weapons, plus some defensive stuff.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
i used my corsair until i got the dreadnought carrier.
I created an amazing setup for that. The ship never died. And the shields never got dented.
Love that ship, but I needed two hangers (slavers and elite scorps)
Captain
# 6
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Only T5 ships give a Fleet Ship module discount. Only the B'Rel and Varanus can have their module price reduced KDF side.
Commander
# 7
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM
The Retrofit Corsair is tier 5, the regular Corsair is tier 4.

That's why when the guy who bought the regular Corsair for Zen, he didn't get the discount. Its also why the Fleet Corsair is actually the Fleet Retrofit Corsair, because its a verison of the Retrofit tier 5 Corsair. Why else would they bother to have the Retrofit Corsair.

We'll find out in a few days, I find out sooner, but I'm booked.
Captain
# 8
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't know if the fleet corsair was worth the 4000 zen it eventually ended up costing me, but it is a very nice ship. The split between science and engineering really gives it a lot more options than you might think at first glance, since there's almost nothing that shares a cooldown timer. And stuffing some uberscorps into your hangar gives you some very significant roaming firepower, making up in large part for the lack of dual cannons and high end tactical stations.
Career Officer
# 9
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Grats on being so close to your new ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBo6o1l501g

That's a Marauder. In common crappy gear just for demo purposes. The purpose being to show that you don't need RCS consoles on it. Oh and it has cannons and mines and all that good stuff as well.

RCS consoles make the egg bringer cry!

Cheers happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 10
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
I can't help but notice in your videos that the Borg explode far more easily than I remember them. What are you doing that makes your oddly rigged mixed-console ship do that kind of damage?

You also seem to appear to be taking far less damage than the volume of fire in that video suggests you should be, especially given the low-quality equipment on the ship. I think I even saw you eat a torpedo without exploding. How's that work?