Captain
# 11
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenmia View Post

Too easy to start a flame war, to quick to get off topic.
Well, yeah.

Career Officer
# 12
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
Do you know what I like most about SWTOR? They don't trash talk STO over there.
I guess you don't read their forums much then, because that hasn't been my experience.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenmia View Post
/sigh...

So much for asking about idea's...

The very first post is a comment about trash talk and had no innovative ideas.

Now I am reminded why I stopped posting altogether years ago...

Too easy to start a flame war, to quick to get off topic.
I believe this started when you accused SWTOR of copying STO.

Just FYI, reputation systems have been MMO's for at least a decade, and there's nothing original about the one in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Its just one of those things about fans of sci-fi.

"I'm a trek fan, which makes me smarter/wiser/more knowledgable about make believe futures/ etc than Star Wars fans." and vice versa.

Happens all of the time, and it is silly. You can prefer one over the other and like both. You can dislike one and like the other. It makes little difference, except perhaps to the people making money from either franchise.

I've seen arguments online about if the enterprise could beat the space cruiser yamato. Its hilarious in a nerdy kinda way.
Captain
# 15
02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
If it's a copy-cat update, it has to be said that TOR chose to only copy the good bits, and the stupid parts got left out.

Quote:
A key feature of Galactic Reputation is the fact that it is bound to your Legacy instead of your character. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, the consequences of your character's actions can span generations, and heroism is hereditary. This means that all Reputation Points and ranks that you earn are shared across your entire Legacy, and all characters in your Legacy contribute Reputation Points to the same shared pool. Once you've unlocked rewards or titles, all characters in your Legacy will have access to them.
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130205

AFAIK, every character on an account can be part of the same Legacy, so while you could conceivably grind everything on the same character, there's no real reason to because everything goes into the same pool of glorified XP.
Rihannsu
# 16
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
There are no new ideas. everything is in someway a copy of something else. rep systems have been around for ages, and if it works then use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
Do you know what I like most about SWTOR? They don't trash talk STO over there.
That's not really true. Every forum is made up of a wide range of players and you will find every conceivable viewpoint. some will like once franchise, some will like both, some will like one game, some both (quite a few seem to hate both but there you go).

ive heard people trash STO and some who defend it over there, just as ive heard them trash their own game, just like on here and vice versa.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 02-10-2013 at 02:46 PM.