Empire Veteran
# 61
02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
Question inspired by banter in this thread... is there anyway to disguise a Spider or Targ as a tribble or mound of tribble?
Unfortunately not. The one is an asset (tribble) and the other and NPC (spider)
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
02-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Absolutely - makes for variety.
well in that case my good sir... can you remove me from the Terran Empire.. and add in the "Ask'kaar Republic"
Empire Veteran
# 63
02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
well in that case my good sir... can you remove me from the Terran Empire.. and add in the "Ask'kaar Republic"
Done and done - I'm interested? Care to share some information on the Ask'kaar Republic?
Commander
# 64
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
When people ask of the Ask'kaar, people simply say; "Dont Ask"!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 65
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Done and done - I'm interested? Care to share some information on the Ask'kaar Republic?
uhmm.. basically their similiar to the Asari and Krogan from mass effect... (infected with a virus which is slowly bringing them to extinction)

*Their homeworld is called Aska or Ask'kaar Prime
*For every male Ask'kaar there are ten times as many female Ask'kaar.
*Due to lowering numbers, Male ask'kaar are prohibated from joining the Ask'kaar navy (space),army or naval(sea based) divisions.
*They have pink blood
*They come from beyond the Zenas expanse
*The Ask'kaar navy have 11 fleets each with over 200 ships in each.
*Their space boarders with the Tholian Assembly
*They've been to earth, where they were referred to as Sirens
*They cannot "mate" with other races (biological disease bla bla bla)
*They enslave or recruit other races into the Republic using them for whatever they see fit (cannon fodder, slaves etc).
*The Ask'kaar species generally stick to the center of their space while their colonies and homeworlds of races they've conqured are targets to pirates.
*The Ask'kaar like the Federation are having their own problems with the possible return of the Iconions.
*Naval Ranks are similiar to the Romulans (Commander, Sub Commander, Sub Lieutenant etc)

Ask'kaar Space (Grey blob = Tholian assembly, Pink Blob = Ask'kaar Republic) - rough idea on where they come from.
Survivor of Romulus
# 66
02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
When people ask of the Ask'kaar, people simply say; "Dont Ask"!
its more of a case of... punch keyboard "asr'kkertw" ... and you go from there.
Rihannsu
# 67
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
Question inspired by banter in this thread... is there anyway to disguise a Spider or Targ as a tribble or mound of tribble?
nope, Tribbles are interactable objects, not NPCs
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 68
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
its more of a case of... punch keyboard "asr'kkertw" ... and you go from there.
THAY SMASH... hmm that worked quite nicley lol

I just did a thread with a galaxy map, I compared the many maps out there already and combined them onto the STO map, it worked quite nicely.

GALAXY MAP

Perhaps your people could originate in a sandwich between the Tholian Assembly and Talarian Space? That would give them a proximity to 6-7 various powers in that part of the Galaxy as well as the unexplored space beyond; towards the Galactic Barrier where they conquered so many primitive races.

Plus it would give the Talarians, a military based society an enemy it is on par with.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 69
02-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
THAY SMASH... hmm that worked quite nicley lol

I just did a thread with a galaxy map, I compared the many maps out there already and combined them onto the STO map, it worked quite nicely.

GALAXY MAP

Perhaps your people could originate in a sandwich between the Tholian Assembly and Talarian Space? That would give them a proximity to 6-7 various powers in that part of the Galaxy as well as the unexplored space beyond; towards the Galactic Barrier where they conquered so many primitive races.

Plus it would give the Talarians, a military based society an enemy it is on par with.
http://newpageone.com/images/hugetrekmap.jpg

I was going by that map.. still I suppose I could put them between the Talarians and the Tholians.. always wanted to use the planet Woden .. that'll require a bit of editing to the "Dephts of Nukara prime"
Commander
# 70
02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Which I am looking forward to btw! Good to see a full on Tholian mission set at Nukara. Mine is just a mocked Romulan Story :/

Yeah I saw that map, it follows the show but don't leave room for the novels which STO has rights too. The Tholians are bordered with the Klingons and Federation whilst the Talarians are bordered with the federation yet close to Klingons and Cardassians too.
It took weeks of trial and error with memory-beta and I had to leave out a few races that were small or conflicting of location