Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109
# 1 Carrier Cruisers?
02-03-2013, 01:06 AM
So, will we ever see cruisers with a hangar bay? They're certainly big enough to have 'em, aren't they?

And, with their terrible mobility, it might be nice to have something that can get on ships that run circles around them.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 863
# 2
02-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqafgqegqe4ag View Post
So, will we ever see cruisers with a hangar bay? They're certainly big enough to have 'em, aren't they?

And, with their terrible mobility, it might be nice to have something that can get on ships that run circles around them.
To my mind surely a 'standard' carrier is a cruiser? The likes of the Atrox and Vo'Quv are definitely fitting the large, tanky, turn like a tank category.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 303
# 3
02-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Look at the Orion line of c-store ship for the KDF, my Marauder is a star cruiser in boff and weapons but with an added hanger. Shame it's such and ugly ship, maybe that's why I like it!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,909
# 4
02-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Any ship can act as a carrier by adding a fighters consumable in the device slot, the only problem is you can't direct them.
I would like to see a genuine Federation carrier and no the Atrox doesn't qualify, it doesn't having any resemblance to a Star Fleet ship whatsoever.

Last edited by maxvitor; 02-03-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109
# 5
02-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Any ship can act as a carrier by adding a fighters consumable in the device slot, the only problem is you can't direct them.
I would like to see a genuine Federation carrier and no the Atrox doesn't qualify, it doesn't having any resemblance to a Star Fleet ship whatsoever.
Exactly. I'm not talking about the Atrox or not being able to command and consume them on use...

Look at the back of the Oddessy for example. Physically, plenty of space for a fighter wing. Or even a big Galaxy class. These big boats have plenty of room for a whole gaggle of fighters.

Would they be OP to have that along with their current loadout (minus a device slot or something), though?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 6
02-03-2013, 01:56 AM
One thing that would make the Exploration cruiser line awesome would be a single hangar bay like a heavy escort carrier. I think that'd dramatically improve the ship's usefulness without changing any other stats.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,021
# 7
02-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Sacrifice one aft weapon for the hangar?
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,527
# 8
02-03-2013, 02:14 AM
I already suggested this idea at one time with not much notice. Cruisers should be made allowed a purchasable selection of small common craft similiar to the ones you can achieve thru the romulan episode missions. The limit would be no more than 3 small simple ships launched at any given time with same cd rate as the romulan ships, while hangar ships retain their vast number and wider selection of larger ships with tactical control over them. This by no means would cause any imbalance to the current game or viability of hangar ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109
# 9
02-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Sacrifice one aft weapon for the hangar?
I could see that working well.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 768
# 10
02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
One thing that would make the Exploration cruiser line awesome would be a single hangar bay like a heavy escort carrier. I think that'd dramatically improve the ship's usefulness without changing any other stats.
It's a thought and a definite improvement.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 PM.