Lt. Commander
# 1 Canon ships in the holodeck.
02-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Here's an idea, "Temporal Ambassador" gave us the opportunity for a brief moment to fly in a canon ship. how about this. use the Holodeck on either the Fleet Starbase (or at Starfleet Academy for those not in a fleet) and have mini-missions that would have the captains in charge of some of the most famous starships in Starfleet history including the Enterprise (NX-01, NCC-1701, A,B,C,D,E, and F)
Captain
# 2
02-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Something like being part off the Enterprise crew or DS9 Crew or Voyagers Crew.
Would be an nice idea but a costly one because off licences or actors to invite for voice overs, I don't think that will be happening to much cost....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2013, 11:59 AM
voiceovers would be nice to have but optional just get CBS to approve use of the characters and likenesses in-game after all both Worf and Sela have been in-game for some time without the availability of either Michael Dorn or Denise Crosby (although I understand Cryptic is adding the latter)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
You don't necesseraly need to include characters from the show, you could simply reenact space engagements from the shows and movies. They could expand on ground battles as well. For example, I'd love to fight alongside Sisko dring the Siege of AR-558, construct a makeshift mortar as Kirk or just live thru the events of the encounter at Farpoint.

It's quite manageable by foundry authors to an extent already I think, but it'd be great if there was a feature in the game that allowed it to do this directly from your ship or any other holodeck present in the universe.

P.S.: or even expanding on the holodeck idea, maybe they could feature different episodes at different holodecks around the galaxy and once you completed one, add it to your ship's library. Just something for flavor.

Last edited by auricius; 02-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.