Captain
# 11
02-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
I dont know if the issue would be big enough, as all those in my fleet with vestas are sci captains.

The other problem i have found with battling those runabouts (and this may be my fault) is that for some reason my ship will consistently target them even when i have clicked his vesta,,i try to tractor him and i tractor his pet,,,i try to sub jump him and i jump behind a pet,,i went through options and tried to fix this but its still doing the same thing,,,plus he has both placates (adapted maco shields and rom tier placate) so hes constantly disappearing while im constantly tractored and chroniton spammed to death.
If he's got the placapalooza going on and your targeting is set so that it will target pets (Options->Controls->Never auto target pets->Off) while you have (Select auto target on attack) - you're likely to grab the pets instead of him. In changing that though, if you actually want to target the pet - you'll have to click them. Click targeting for some folks can lead to cursor trails and desync.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 12
02-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumoftheblack View Post
It reminds me of the UFC. You get a fighter with a boxing background and you get a Jiu Jitsu practitioner fighting in the octogan. The boxer wants to stand and trade blows but the Jiu Jitsu guy takes him to the ground everytime and ties him up. Frustrating isn't it?

Well I guess that is why they call it: Mixed Martial arts. The point: Not everyone is going to fight the way you want them to.
Bullcrap.

This is a boxing match where one guy won't stop clinching because he's afraid to trade blows.

He gets booed, and rightly so.
Captain
# 13
02-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Duel - possible boxing match.
Private Match - MMA.
Ker'rat/Public Queues - Barroom brawl, back alley mugging, prison riot, and generally those moments in life where you wish you could have told your wife you loved her one more time...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 14
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Duel - possible boxing match.
Private Match - MMA.
Ker'rat/Public Queues - Barroom brawl, back alley mugging, prison riot, and generally those moments in life where you wish you could have told your wife you loved her one more time...
LOL while I do not want to take away from the OP's honest and fair appraisal of the duties of a career carrier officer - this got me laughing
Commander
# 15
02-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. It ruins the reputation of respectable carrier pilots who try to give people a stand up fight but just really enjoy flying a ship that poops out other little ships.

And if you think a win is a win, while I was getting AMS'd by carriers today one of their teammates who is a regular around here was as digusted as I was and stopped supporting them. It won't just be your opponents who lose respect for you.
^ likes this
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Captain
# 16
02-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I see your PvP fighting metaphors and raise you.