Career Officer
# 11
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Bit worried about the cutting beam, for so much Dil and all I hear is bad things.

Haven't seen one in action yet, but I'll take note of using the console with it if I ever do see it do decent damage. =3

Was told it does nothing to shields.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 12
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
well. its generally a good advice, and will increase most of those people's dmg, who did not know this already. however KCB is not as high an upgrade as it seems. it breaks synergy, not affected by any console or boff power, only deals kinetic dmg, and the 2,5% chance is not high enough to make a really big difference in light of the previous points of mine
Captain
# 13
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
personally i think it is a cool weapon for PVE, definately an upgrade there since most targets you encounter have no shields or lose them very fast.

as i understand it, it works also on shielded targets to directly hit the hull but with only 50% dmg or something like that.
Go pro or go home