Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
I saw in another post on this forum, to have a foundry mission appear in the foundry list, it has to be reviewed 5 times from 5 different accounts, well, how is that possible, if the newly created mission(s) are not advertised as being newly created, so that reviewers can review them? And some of the 'Review Content' missions have their 'View' button greyed out.

Also, I see in the main foundry list, some of the reviews are less than 5, how is that possible, when the missions have to be reviewed 5 times to be accepted in the main list?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 2
02-07-2013, 01:40 AM
They need 5 plays but the player doesn't need to leave an actual review so that is why you are seeing that.

How to get plays to get out of review? I find begging helpful. Ask friends and fleetmates to give them a try. You can also drop by the chat section on SBUGC and there are usually authors there and you can see if anyone has time to try it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 156
# 3
02-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martok16 View Post
I saw in another post on this forum, to have a foundry mission appear in the foundry list, it has to be reviewed 5 times from 5 different accounts, well, how is that possible, if the newly created mission(s) are not advertised as being newly created, so that reviewers can review them? And some of the 'Review Content' missions have their 'View' button greyed out.

Also, I see in the main foundry list, some of the reviews are less than 5, how is that possible, when the missions have to be reviewed 5 times to be accepted in the main list?
What is the mission name? I'll put it on my list of plays to try. Hopefully with the help of some friends and fleetmates I can perhaps get a couple more for you as well.

DoR
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
# 4
02-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedukeofrock View Post
What is the mission name? I'll put it on my list of plays to try. Hopefully with the help of some friends and fleetmates I can perhaps get a couple more for you as well.

DoR
Thanks for trying it out, it's my very first attempt to create a mission with a small storyline.

It's called 'Stop Klingon Invasion', if it can't be found normally, the ID is:- ST-HPNJCXKGV
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 5
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
The whole point of it, is in theory to reduce the amount of 'bad content' on Foundry. If your first five reviews are bad, you know to pull it out and edit it before re-publishing it.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
# 6
02-14-2013, 08:58 AM
A method I am going to start trying is:

1. Find someone else's mission that needs to be reviewed.

2. Play the mission and at the same time, take extensive notes on the mission (typos, suggested improvements, etc).

3. Rate the mission when completed.

4. Email my extensive notes to the author, along with a sentence begging them to return the favor and review my mission.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,962
# 7
02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagur View Post
A method I am going to start trying is:

1. Find someone else's mission that needs to be reviewed.

2. Play the mission and at the same time, take extensive notes on the mission (typos, suggested improvements, etc).

3. Rate the mission when completed.

4. Email my extensive notes to the author, along with a sentence begging them to return the favor and review my mission.
As an author this is something that is incredibly helpful, since there's just no way to go in-depth in that little review space. I love to get these e-mails. If I ever get one from you, you can count on me returning the favor.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 AM.