Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet gear vs. Reputation gear
04-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm fortunate enough to be in a fleet that has access to advanced/elite fleet gear and I was curious if the reputation gear (mainly Omega gear) is any better or worse than the fleet stuff.
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Depends on what you want, honestly.

If you want the specific set bonuses and add-ons of a set, go for those. But honestly, even Advanced level gear can be great for a ship. Elite shields for example are excellent at being insanely resilient over time; I hate them in PvP, but they are good.

Elite Deflectors reduce science power (including science captain powers) cooldowns by 10%. And it applies for everything.

Now Elite engines are 'meh' honestly. Elite space weapons...feds get phasers (no torpedoes) which can proc a shield heal. KDF gets disruptors (no torpedoes), which can proc a shield resistance debuff.

Romulan plasma weapons are nice because of their disruptor proc added on, so if you're looking at those for good, solid weapons, I recommend em.

Rihannsu
# 3
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksmitty View Post
I'm fortunate enough to be in a fleet that has access to advanced/elite fleet gear and I was curious if the reputation gear (mainly Omega gear) is any better or worse than the fleet stuff.
STFs sets are the best sets in the game, always have and Cryptic have stated again and again those are end game gear.

Fleet are supposed to be on par with them but the so called "par" only exists at Elite, not advanced, only Fleet gear that is acceptable are space weapons because Omega Rep have none.