Lt. Commander
Ok, While this screen shot is over a week old.. My Crew hasn't changed.

OK, I'm currently am not happy with the amount of fire power I'm putting out.

I'm using, the Ent-C Refit and Ent-E ships.

This is a Screen shot of my crew and one of my testing load outs. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=124708934

My "Main" ship: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=123951610 Two "beams" and two "Breen Prize Torps" in the front, and the Back row full of Turrets. (This was in Rainbow of death mode, but I've gone all Disuptor since that shot.)

I use only R'Shee's Powers, but in some STF's I'm avoiding using the Beam weapons power, as it agros Tactical Cubes. I Never hit's Neros' own power, half the time I've got Hull Repair skills prevent it from working. I use almost all the others.

I'm a Engineer. (That means I solve problems. Fr'instance... ...How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?)
Commander
# 2
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Well looking at your build, I can see why you dont want aggro since you have hardly any healing abilities. Sadly, there isn't much you can do to improve your boff layout for tactical, unless you swap out that BFAW for a BO. With dual beams it would be more effective.

Your biggest problem is your weapon layout as far as I can see. The turrets are a waste without cannon rapid fire, and even then without cannons on the front, its not much better, and cruisers just dont have the turn rate to make use of them. Unless you are JUST going for PVE. Then by all means throw some cannons on the front and put a cannon rapid fire on there. You wont be able to cycle them so it still wont be as effective but its worth a shot.

Personally I would suggest going for a beam boat. 2 torps on the front are killing your dps. One in front one in back, and 6 beams is a solid setup. Broadside fighting, and tilting towards and away to fire off your front and rear weapons.

I would also drop AB3 in favor of Aux to Structural 3. It is a fantastic ability that you can put on others as well as yourself. If you can get both 2 and 3, the cooldown is 10-15 seconds, which will massively up your survivability. I would also drop DEM for another emergency power to shields. With 2 EPtS, you can cycle them constantly so it is always up.

I personally also prefer torp spread to high yield, but that is just me preference. I think if you make just the boff layout changes I suggested, you will be much happier with your ship. I would STRONGLY recommend getting rid of the turrets though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Ok, I play some of the Daily Missions and the STF when my Fleet mates wants a team mate. I've only been playing a month. I've done "ok" in the STF (If I remember correctly including one with a roundabout team mate, not a Carrier pet), but once the Shields are gone.. often I'm on Borrowed time before I "blow up", unless I get out while my shileld are charging.

I don't PVP, unless you count Ker'rat War Zone. (Going "pop" when you warp in on the Klingons seems better than fighting them and trying to complete the objectives.)

BFAW? BO? I'm Sorry I've only been playing for a month and I'm still Learning the "terms"

I hardly use the Emegancy Power to Engines, I think I teach her Power to shields again. (I initially thought one Boff with that power wouldn't make the cool down on the other last the same amount of time.)

I'll stick the Mine Torp in the rear. Its got nice "power" but only being able to fire once every minute, I can use it when I turn away.
Captain
# 4
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutter View Post
Ok, I play some of the Daily Missions and the STF when my Fleet mates wants a team mate. I've only been playing a month. I've done "ok" in the STF (If I remember correctly including one with a roundabout team mate, not a Carrier pet), but once the Shields are gone.. often I'm on Borrowed time before I "blow up", unless I get out while my shileld are charging.

I don't PVP, unless you count Ker'rat War Zone. (Going "pop" when you warp in on the Klingons seems better than fighting them and trying to complete the objectives.)

BFAW? BO? I'm Sorry I've only been playing for a month and I'm still Learning the "terms"

I hardly use the Emegancy Power to Engines, I think I teach her Power to shields again. (I initially thought one Boff with that power wouldn't make the cool down on the other last the same amount of time.)

I'll stick the Mine Torp in the rear. Its got nice "power" but only being able to fire once every minute, I can use it when I turn away.
BFAW = Beam: Fire at Will
BO = Beam Overload

And, trust me, anyone can die in STFs if they have no shields or aren't paying attention. Or get hit by the invisible 1-hit torpedo.
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-08-2013, 11:38 AM
You run on max weapons power, but how well can you sustain that level when firing? I don't see any copies of EptW. The first objective is to keep this power at 100 when fighting. As soon as it drops, your DPS will take a massive hit.
Career Officer
# 6
02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
You're missing some of the most basic components of cruisers. You need two Emergency Power to Shields at the highest rank you can get, and have them constantly on. You should also get two Emergency Power to Weapons 1, which can be run constantly alongside EPtS. Their cooldowns with mesh so that you have them up 100% of the time.

Make sure you have Hazard Emitters and Transfer Shield Strength. Get Aux to SIF, which has a low enough cooldown that you can spam it whenever its available. Just those changes alone will up your DPS and survival.

You're in a cruiser. You should be tough enough to not worry about aggro.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
You know what I do with boffs when they make me unhappy? I space em......maybe its just the Klingon in me
Captain
# 8
02-08-2013, 07:05 PM
OP: Cruisers are for drawing aggro so the team's glass cannons can do their job as pointed out here. Follow the advice everyone here gives you about how to tank.

And don't be ashamed to ask for non-acronyms. Long timers tend to forget how to do that since they're usually only talking to each other.

Happy hunting.
# 9
02-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I think I'm tanking a lot better even with just the Power to shields instead of to the engines. A fleet member reminded me to visit ESD and and I replaced the hardly used skills with some more useful ones.

I've not had chance to really test it out.. But I think almost Parking my ship at 0.01Km from the final Borg Cube in Infected Spaces (normal) and I more Worried about the new player's shields than my own. (I have the Transfer Shields to another ship. Still regretting doing it randomly to a pet though.)