Lt. Commander
Ferengi Personal Shield + Ferengi Armor + the already available Ferengi Whip!

Make it happen Cryptic!
Captain
# 2
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Ferengi are cowards in combat, the "Ferengi ground set" should be a Pay to summon function.

Click the power, input an amount in a currency (Latinum, Dilithium, EC) and click "Beam in".

Depending on what you've paid into the summon you can get Mercenaries ranging from weak melee Orions to Elite Gorn Mercenaries.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
While there's been sufficient evidence to support the D'kora as capable in battle, there's nothing in any canon material to suggest Ferengi are much of a threat on the ground. Heck, they went from seeming to be vicious in their first appearance, energy whips in hand and distaste for humans clear, to bumbling, money-focused schemers using borrowed gear to fight a vorta and a few Jem'Hadar over the years in the shows.

So I don't know that I'd expect a Ferengi set to be anything we'd see ever when they likely just outfit themselves with gear they've purchased.

edited 'cause I used "horta" where I meant "vorta".
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful

Last edited by synkr0nized; 01-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-30-2013, 05:10 AM
I think a Ferengi ground set is a good idea.
They can put the usual shield and weapon bonuses, but the set bonuses should be

- Standard, built in scanning module that collects commodities and consumables from enemy groups, 2.5% chance success.

- 2 piece bonus, Heart of Nog +7.6% chance for rare or better on next loot drop, not to exceed once per 6 minutes.

- 3 piece bonus, Quark?s Lobes, FCA audit with a 1% chance of -25% loot table for one hour due to questionable business practices.

Also, the kit weapon, shield, and armor bonuses should increase depending on the amount of GPL that you have in your Bank Asset tab. Meaning, they should not have a mark, but level to character, or character?s bank as it were.
Captain
# 5
01-30-2013, 05:18 AM
Ferengi set should include a pair of fake lobes.
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-30-2013, 05:26 AM
The ferengi ground set should create aggro which in turns makes every npc in 3 km range shoot you.
The power should be lying, false promises, reducing shields in your team which in turns gives you 100 latinum after every 5 minutes.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 7
01-30-2013, 05:41 AM
More ground sets are always welcome, just as long as they're not stupidly broken like the hyper compressed cryolauncher and the old tholian shield before it was brought in line.

I'm not sold on the whip being a part of it though. It's a terrible weapon that's only really affective when you have four people using it against one target.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
# 8
01-30-2013, 06:57 AM
There is room for a ground set, we know they are sneaky and not warriors. They'll use disables, stuns, gases, probably other sensor tricks, definitely could give a good set, the question is if you'd really want to use it or not.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
All good ideas the Ferengi Marauder ground set should be something like the marauder space set, imo. Some helpful stats but mostly for non-combat use. But definitely made of Latinum ;P

Also... Latinum Horta PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
The ferengi ground set should create aggro which in turns makes every npc in 3 km range shoot you.
The power should be lying, false promises, reducing shields in your team which in turns gives you 100 latinum after every 5 minutes.
lmao! Creative xD
Career Officer
# 10
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I might suggest giving them a 'holo' version of the echo papa device, with the power name 'the best protection money can buy'

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino