it works best with combined disabling attacks
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 12
02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I think the application of boarding party is wrong.

1. Boarding shuttles can penetrate an enemy ships shields where torpedoes explode on impact with shields.
2. Boarding shuttles obviously don't land in the enemy's hangar bay, the boarders 'beam' onboard from the shuttle.
3. When boarding shuttles are destroyed along with their passengers the launching ship only needs to stay out of combat long enough to reconstitute those dead, floating in space crewmen back into the ships healthy crew compliment.
4. The attacking ship never runs out of shuttles to launch.

Boarding party needs a complete revamp, make it a consumable item as well as take up an item slot (for the shuttles) and incapable of boarding an enemy ship unless a shield drops.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-12-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Lieutenant
# 13
02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Also the doffs for it are bugged and don't double the number of shuttles launched, they just give you an additional one.

It's too bad, it could be useful and fun in pvp, but everyone is chaining tac team constantly so its almost impossible to make it work.
Career Officer
# 14
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I think the application of boarding party is wrong.

1. Boarding shuttles can penetrate an enemy ships shields where torpedoes explode on impact with shields.
2. Boarding shuttles obviously don't land in the enemy's hangar bay, the boarders 'beam' onboard from the shuttle.
3. When boarding shuttles are destroyed along with their passengers the launching ship only needs to stay out of combat long enough to reconstitute those dead, floating in space crewmen back into the ships healthy crew compliment.
4. The attacking ship never runs out of shuttles to launch.

Boarding party needs a complete revamp, make it a consumable item as well as take up an item slot (for the shuttles) and incapable of boarding an enemy ship unless a shield drops.
Shuttles can modulate their own shields in order to penetrate the shields of an enemy ship, and then beam personnel onboard from within in the enemy's shield envelope.

I like the consumable idea though - it would free up a Boff skill slot.

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Ensign
# 15
02-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Be close

Target weapons
Boarding party
use the boarding party purple Doff doubles the amout of shuttles
add viral matrix
Add sub nuke

Game over

it works best with combined disabling attacks
The target weapons and viral matrix are largely unnecessary here. And "Game Over" is not an understatement. A doffed boarding party with a full aux subnucleonic beam will cripple anything in PvE for over a minute. The cooldown on boarding party is less than a minute.
Captain
# 16
02-17-2013, 11:00 PM
yeah the CD on boarding party is shorter than the CD on tac team

let them purge the first, send another wave they cant do anything about
Commander
# 17
02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
No keep it a skill, and make it so EVERY ship can launch a squad of fighters if the ship has a hangar bay, most of them do I did my research (watched the show, all of them) and make it so the carriers can launch one full sized ship. carriers just for two squads of fighters is a joke.
Ensign
# 18
02-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Wouldnt try using this skill if you fly a carrier,would never be able to send anything out(after a few minutes of fighting I spend rest of an stf with 1 white alive crewman and rest yellow)

If they fixed this i would try it for sure.
Ensign
# 19
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
The problem with boarding party is that the shuttles are to slow. If your not lauching them from point blank range chances are the target will be dead before they even reach it if they are shot down first. And if their target is destroyed before they get to it, they just head to its last location and sit there. High yield torpedos at least know to change to a new target and keep going. Also all the abilities of the boarding party are random %, so most of the time they don't do much or even anything because of the RNG.
Career Officer
# 20
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
The ability might be half decent if the crew mechanics of the game weren't so buggered up, but every ship is flying around with no crew left the entire game, actually removing someone's crew would be useful if there were crew left to remove. These torpedo blasts hitting ships, doing no damage but killing hundreds of crew really need to stop.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel