Career Officer
Hope I put this in the right area. I apologize if not. I was wondering if anyone here plays this game with full graphics, and if so, what's the minimum computer requirement to do so? I would like to experience the full detail of this game, but I have to play on low graphics because my laptop doesn't seem to be able to handle it. And even with the lowest settings (minus half resolution, because that's too much) I still experience lag in certain cases, such as multiple players using warp plasma and excessive amounts of torpedo and ship explosions.
Ensign
# 2
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, the official system requirements are here if you need them. Right now, I can run the game on a Radeon HD 6870 with everything maxed out except antialiasing, that's at 4x. Everything runs at 50-60 FPS. The only place I've seen the frame rate really drop is in the 20-man starbase defense event. I guess that's expected with so many ships on screen.
Before I got this PC last year I was using my old laptop with a Mobility Radeon X1400. STO was choppy, but still (somewhat) playable.
Career Officer
# 3
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
If you have a budget planned out we can help you select gaming pc build that should fit the bill so to speak if you wish.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.