Captain
# 101
01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
a guaranteed 2500 MINIMUM Dilithium payout for literally one minute of work?

Dilithium is easy to move between characters on an account.

I'm really not seeing a huge issue, more of a complaining for the sake of complaining.
Career Officer
# 102
01-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Congratulations you won a prize, a claim that give you up to 5000 dil. Times that by 100 though, great? No.

You can't get that those rewards for another 100 days. Every other reward I can think of you get there and then but this one forces you to log in every 20hrs (or 24 for most people) and claim your reward. It's not the minigame that's the problem but the mandatory logging in every day to get what you won 100 days ago. In 100 days they might say screw dilithium we're changing the system again or the game goes under for all we know. 100 btw is just a general figure since I have that number but I know some have much, MUCH more.

When you do unlock the dilithium it's ore so you have to refine it to use it. I get the refining mechanic so that's not the problem. What is the problem is if the 8000 refine cap is in place to stop the system being exploited...why the heck do I have to log in every day for a reward which I can't exploit because it's ore which I can only refine 8000 a day per character?
Example; I have 100 claims which could give me 500,000 dilithium ore. How much can I refine each day? 8000. I can't transfer the ore to other characters, I can't use it, sell it..nothing. It will still take me 63 days to refine all that but I'm not forced to do a daily mission for the next 100 days.

So again why put a daily cap on the reward forcing me to log in each day until they are consumed when there's a refine cap in place to prevent any abuse?

This and the proposed change in jem'hadar space upgrade set just a day after it came out (so I lose out 50 lobi)...it's almost like Cryptic wants to piss off it's customers. Okay Cryptic I get the message. I won't grind for lockboxes anymore (stopped using my money waaayy back). I'll be too busy for the next 100 days claiming the rewards I've already got but can't use.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.

Last edited by vsilverwings1; 01-26-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
Congratulations you won a prize, a claim that give you up to 5000 dil. Times that by 100 though, great? No.
I think that character-binding them implements this intentionally. I think the mid-80 price index of dilithium actually did cut into their sales volume. This puts more dilithium on the market, but forcibly time-spread so it can't crash the rate back to the 300s or so.

Or I might be giving them a lot more credit than they deserve.
SQUIRREL!
-----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Bitter old mollusc since before the forum change.
Career Officer
# 104
01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So did you play "lock-box online"?
Nope, why would I do a silly thing like that

I would rather buy ships from the cstore at a sensible price, cant knock others too much though. If they want to set their money alight in front of their eyes or the small chance of getting a ship, who am I to say....

I will never spend real money on lockboxes, ec however, is abundant and gets me what I want from the exchange.
Captain
# 105
01-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Just one more reason i won't be opening anymore of these lock boxes, by the price of keys on the market I'd say this lock box is deservedly a total flop. To include these mining claims as bound items is absurd, they are assuming that everyone who opens a lock box actually wants to, or is even willing to, go down to the mining planet every day and mine. Ontop of that given its only 1 time a day thing if you open any kinda volume of lock boxes trying to get a ship or lobi your going to end up with a year plus of mining claims.

This is just ridiculous, the should be unbound so that people can sell them to those who wish to spend there time mining. Nothing against those who want to mine, but i'd rather jump off a cliff than spend my time every day going to that damn asteroid for dilithium, especially when i can get plenty from stfs.

You want sell more keys cryptic? Take the mining part out of this and just let us claim a random amount between 2500-5000 dilithium per day from the use of those mining claims. Make it like the old dilithium boxes from Roxy, except they reward a random amount between the values stated on the claim.
Starfleet Veteran
# 106 Lotto payments
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Since there have been numerous comparisons to playing the lottery, why not take a lottery like approach to how these claims are paid out? Anyone who has played the lotto knows you typically get two payment options: annual and lump sum. The annaul payments pay you the entire amount of the pot, over twenty years, minus taxes. A lump sum payment means taking a percentage less than 100% (typically around 70%) and being taxed on top of it, but you get all your money at once.

These claims are good for 2500-5000, but the mining game is pretty simple, so 5000 should be a given. Let's just take the average between the two and say each one is worth 3750. Using that base we could setup two payment options.

With the annual type payments, you would be able to turn in all of your claims at once (3750 each) and that amount would go to your unrefined dilithium. So with 100 claims you would have 375000 sitting in unrefined, refining at your daily cap of 8000 per day.

With a lump sum payment, the claims would still be valued at 3750 each, but turning in the claims would result in the amount going straight to refined ore. However, there would be an early penalty charge of 50%. So with 100 claims you'd receive a lump sum payment of 187500 straight away.

Lastly, they could leave the existing mechanic in place so those who want to manually do the mining game (and get the full 5000 per day) could do so.

Last edited by avantgarde01; 01-26-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 107
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde01 View Post
Since there have been numerous comparisons to playing the lottery, why not take a lottery like approach to how these claims are paid out? Anyone who has played the lotto knows you typically get two payment options: annual and lump sum. The annaul payments pay you the entire amount of the pot, over twenty years, minus taxes. A lump sum payment means taking a percentage less than 100% (typically around 70%) and being taxed on top of it, but you get all your money at once.

These claims are good for 2500-5000, but the mining game is pretty simple, so 5000 should be a given. Let's just take the average between the two and say each one is worth 3750. Using that base we could setup two payment options.

With the annual type payments, you would be able to turn in all of your claims at once (3750 each) and that amount would go to your unrefined dilithium. So with 100 claims you would have 375000 sitting in unrefined, refining at your daily cap of 8000 per day.

With a lump sum payment, the claims would still be valued at 3750 each, but turning in the claims would result in the amount going straight to refined ore. However, there would be an early penalty charge of 50%. So with 100 claims you'd receive a lump sum payment of 187500 straight away.

Lastly, they could leave the existing mechanic in place so those who want to manually do the mining game (and get the full 5000 per day) could do so.
My idea is better.
Starfleet Veteran
# 108
01-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
My idea is better.
I've looked back thru the thread and can only find two "ideas" that you posted, neither of which is going to happen. If your "idea" is for people to stop buying keys and opening boxes... that's neither new or original. There will always be someone enticed to buy a key. Cryptic doesn't care if you spend $5 or $500 because, in a free to play game, that's still money they didn't have before.

They're also not going to put these ships in the store for the same reason as above. Some people will get the ship of the month after opening two or three boxes, while others will open a hundred. It's a profit for them, which is what they need to keep the game running. Besides, if people are complaining about dilithium mining claims, I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag.
I think the Chimera is now $299.99?
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
I've looked back thru the thread and can only find two "ideas" that you posted, neither of which is going to happen. If your "idea" is for people to stop buying keys and opening boxes... that's neither new or original. There will always be someone enticed to buy a key. Cryptic doesn't care if you spend $5 or $500 because, in a free to play game, that's still money they didn't have before.

They're also not going to put these ships in the store for the same reason as above. Some people will get the ship of the month after opening two or three boxes, while others will open a hundred. It's a profit for them, which is what they need to keep the game running. Besides, if people are complaining about dilithium mining claims, I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag.
Doesn't need to be new, or original, it's still better. Feel like you got ripped off? Stop giving the same con man your money. Simple as that. Good luck with the mining claims.