Captain
# 191
02-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curedmen View Post
So lets say, i would have about 509 of them (and i do) that would take me 509 days to spend them.
Keep in mind that's probably 475 days more you can keep using them past the end of the lock box and the dramatic rise of the cost of the boxes on the exchange.
Currently we are stuck with this totally unfair dilithium cap of just 8000 a day.
I have so many of these mining claims,which will take many weeks to deal with,and when they are used day by day,it comes out as dilithium ore only.
Devs,how about changing that rule,and allowing all mining claims to be used,and for them to allow refined dilithium straight away on completion of each one.
After all,these mining claims have been paid for via the lockboxes,so it should be only fair,that we can use them when we wish to,and that they be refined dilithium as said.
Starfleet Veteran
# 193
02-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Actually, all i want is them to let us use those dili claims ALL AT ONCE. No need to finger any dili cap limits because some people have dili autogrind and it would really feel like a real perk after i could just use all my 509 claims and head off for ...holiday or what ever and after it i would have a nice pile of dili waiting for me.

Last edited by curedmen; 02-26-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Commander
# 194
02-25-2013, 07:17 AM
I am getting the impression that, to you, "fair" means "what I want".

Why is the dilithium refining cap unfair? Why is having the mining claims be a daily unfair?
Commander
# 195
02-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curedmen View Post
So i wanted to ask whats the idea behind having multiple "dili mining claims" when you can only use one in 20hour and its bound to character.
Not blowing up the dilithium economy.
Career Officer
# 196
02-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Not blowing up the dilithium economy.
That's completely irrelevant, because we have a refining cap anyway.

I only have several dozen mining claims, but I have six figures worth of ore waiting to be refined. It would make barely any difference if the claims could all be used at once - it would just result in a massive pile of ore.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 197
02-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I am getting the impression that, to you, "fair" means "what I want".

Why is the dilithium refining cap unfair? Why is having the mining claims be a daily unfair?
Agreed. It's not p2win, but it's quite close if we have to pay lockbox key to keep up with others for your dilithium, don't you think ? The dil mining rights are nice enough as they are, you are able to earn 5k dil in less than 5m. That's a better ratio than IOR ever was, and it was nerfed twice.
Commander
# 198
02-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
That's completely irrelevant, because we have a refining cap anyway.
And if the refining cap was the only component in the dilithium economy, you might have a point, but it isn't. The refining cap is simply a way to 'gate' the motion of the refined dilithium within that economy.

The devs have been clear (and common sense would agree) that managing the supply of ore is one of their most significant interests in the dilithium economy. This is true for a couple of reasons, I imagine, but the most significant one probably is that most people don't hit their refining cap at all. If I had to guess, the refining cap is probably better than 85th percentile of player ore generation. At any rate, the 'gating' of the mining claim by making it a daily is one way to reduce, significantly, the impact of all that new ore on the dilithium economy, while at the same time subtly inflating dilithium and pushing up the exchange price of refined dilithium, thus making people more likely to buy Zen.
Career Officer
# 199
02-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Any amount of ore greater than 8000 a day becomes irrelevant for the "time gating" of Dilithium.
One claim gives 5000 ore. This means the difference is 3k Dilithium ore.

These people who have the resources to attain large quantities of claims would have to be on their main (because of Lobi), and would have to be at least level 40 (otherwise they won't be able to use the rewards from the lockbox and have no reason to open them). Are you saying those people aren't even able to earn an average of 3k Dilithium a day? Heck, you can get an average of 1k Dil just from DOffing!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 200
02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
They should be tradable

mainly because say I have 400 of them, I don't know I'm going to be playing Star Trek Online all the way to next year. That's ridiculous. Not to mention the refine cap can cause it to take longer. They should give some way of trading, selling or getting rid of them.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted