Commander
# 221
03-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
You don't need real money to get these.

Thats true if you want to wait ages before having enough dilithium to convert to zen to be able to afford a box key.
Real money has been used anyway and cryptic/pwe have benefited from that,as they do when money is used to buy zen.
Therefore i feel we are entitled to refined dilithium from the box mining claims,as they are paid for.
Captain
# 222
03-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
Thats true if you want to wait ages before having enough dilithium to convert to zen to be able to afford a box key.
Real money has been used anyway and cryptic/pwe have benefited from that,as they do when money is used to buy zen.
Therefore i feel we are entitled to refined dilithium from the box mining claims,as they are paid for.
They cost about 1.3m EC. That's nothing.

Don't really share your concern - I rarely max out the refine on my characters.
Lt. Commander
# 223
03-01-2013, 05:14 AM
You don't have to wait ages to grind enough dilithium for a lock box key. In less than a month I ground out enough dilithium to get a bortasqu' bundle. Thats 5000 zen. The mining claims are a great way to hit your cap quickly. In less than 2 days with one character you can have enough dilithium to get a lockbox key. It sounds to me like someone is just impatient.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Captain
# 224
03-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
You don't have to open the box and that is the ultimate bottom line. This is a free game to play (except in time) in every way

Cryptic needs to make money and the players need (want really) Dilithium. The Mining claims are brilliant to meet each need. Its not in Cryptic's interest to give anything without some cost to the consumer. Welcome to capitalism
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lt. Commander
# 225
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
I feel you, but there's no 'entitlement' here to anything. I got a couple of these boxes and I never had any intentions of mining anything in this game to begin with so they will just sit there forever. If it was implemented better than it might not be so bad.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Captain
# 226
03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
They cost about 1.3m EC. That's nothing.
Yea because keys on exchange are from God ,not from people who paid money for them *facepalm*
Lt. Commander
# 227
03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Yea because keys on exchange are from God ,not from people who paid money for them *facepalm*
There will always be people buying keys and selling them on exchange. I HAVEN'T seen the exchange ran out of keys...... yet

STO has a LOT of resource sink. So people will always need EC and Dilithium (especially if they are in fleet) unless you have been playing a LONG time.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Captain
# 228
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!
after well over 500 keys and not a single grand prize Im feeling robbed.. 1/200 my @$$... now more bound low level "consolation prizes" I should be able to trade them in for a grand prize box drop only ship o my choice, but here PWE robbing us worse than cryptic ever did..

my join date was 02/03/2010 Kintisho 5,667,083(19,081)-ISA-
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRATXezr_Tg
Ensign
# 229
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintisho View Post
after well over 500 keys and not a single grand prize Im feeling robbed.. 1/200 my @$$... now more bound low level "consolation prizes" I should be able to trade them in for a grand prize box drop only ship o my choice, but here PWE robbing us worse than cryptic ever did..
They're called Lobi crystals. The reasoning is that if you opened a lot of boxes, you are at least guaranteed something awesome if you saved up enough.