Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,201
# 51
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
The same thing has been on my mind... Maybe he's spending a ton buying them on the exchange? However, his main point still stands imo!
Buying them on the exchange AND buying 150 keys ?

IF he'd tried to sell the first claim he won and realized they weren't sellable would that have made a difference in the amount he opened on his toon ?

From the blog FAQ:
Quote:
# "VIP Customer" Dilithium Mining Claim Package**: Includes ten (10) Dilithium Mining Claims. Each of these Claims allows one-time access to a Rich Dilithium Vein located at the Dilithium Asteroid Mining Event, as well as allowing instant travel to the event map. Players may access this Rich Dilithium Vein once per 20-hour period to obtain a prize of between 2,500 and 5,000 Dilithium Ore, depending upon their skills at the Dilithium Mining Mini-Game.

* ** This Package and the Dilithium Mining Claim items are Bind-on-Pickup.

# "Preferred Customer" Dilithium Mining Claim Package**: Same as the previous prize, but includes only six (6) Dilithium Mining Claims.

* ** This Package and the Dilithium Mining Claim items are Bind-on-Pickup.
Notice the 'bind on pickup' at the end of the description ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 01-24-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 52
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how the OP got 150 boxes to open within a couple of hours after the server came back up. I normally cant collect 150 boxes in a week. How many peeps you got farming boxes for you OP ?

<edit> forum timestamps say 83 minutes. Thats almost 2 box drops per minute OP.

WOW !!!
I bought 30 with dithium(200 each) that's a waste - so I bought the rest at approx 90k each or about $10 million ec total

I have $700 million EC still so I am not hurting - but that is not the point of the post.

The point is there are 5 levels of restriction on this major prize

1 - character to consolidate lobi(character bound)

2 - Mining claim is character bound

3 - dithium is capped at 8k per day

4 - can only use 1 per day

5 - Have to do a mini-game that takes more time and is out of the way vs other sources of getting dilitium.

This is a MAJOR FAIL for such a rare prize - this is a huge structural issue with this box - notice that I am not whining about opening 150 boxes and getting no ship? that is expected - this level of restrictions is silly.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 289
# 53
01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Seeing that the price of keys was going up like crazy last night and with the sale on keys today. I bought 50 keys with the cheap zen I had saved up since season 7 prices dropped so much. I already was sitting on 200 mil EC. And that allowed me to buy each of the new ships off of the exchange. 89 mil for the Dread and 100 mil for the Escourt. Way cheaper than opening boxes. So now I want to equip both ships with the new Weps. It will still be cheaper to buy them off of the exchange than opening boxes. So i will keep selling keys to all of you crazed box openers, And have everything I need for much less.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 495
# 54
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
IF he'd tried to sell the first claim he won and realized they weren't sellable would that have made a difference in the amount he opened on his toon ?
I just made a post above more or less stating how this would be bad for Cryptic and their revenue... And yea, I agree.

In this particular case of the OP, he should have stopped after opening a few boxes and realised that these Mining Claims were dropping so frequently. And especially after realising that they were bound to character... However, this could be bad for Cryptic.

Now that we are becoming aware of this Bound to Character situation, I think we'll be opening less boxes. Especially due to not only the afore mentioned restrictions, but also the fact that we can either have these things hog our bank or inventory space, or delete them as we get them.

At the end of the day... now that it's out in the open, I think a lot of players will be opening less boxes. Therefore buying less keys. Therefore, lost revenue for Cryptic.

EDIT: Unfortunately, Not everyone who plays this game visits the forum or read the blogs.

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 01-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 433
# 55
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
None of the lockbox prizes should be bound unless they are opened.

Folks like to mass open boxes to farm lobi or score the ship then flip the "junk" prizes on the exchange. This then lets the regular folks get lockbox prizes with out having to spend real money.

This system worked great, so I'm curious why the mining claim is different.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,201
# 56
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I bought 30 with dithium(200 each) that's a waste - so I bought the rest at approx 90k each or about $10 million ec total

I have $700 million EC still so I am not hurting - but that is not the point of the post.

The point is there are 5 levels of restriction on this major prize

1 - character to consolidate lobi(character bound)

2 - Mining claim is character bound

3 - dithium is capped at 8k per day

4 - can only use 1 per day

5 - Have to do a mini-game that takes more time and is out of the way vs other sources of getting dilitium.

This is a MAJOR FAIL for such a rare prize - this is a huge structural issue with this box - notice that I am not whining about opening 150 boxes and getting no ship? that is expected - this level of restrictions is silly.
Lets be realistic- you didn't spend 10 MILLION EC for those boxes to get mining claims, right ?

I'm guessing you feel bad for not winning the reason you opened all those boxes and using this bonus prize as an excuse to whine about the lost EC, since you cant sell the claims to recover your substantial loss.

Am I right ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 57
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
My favourite complaint is "the mining minigame takes more time" yeah that whole 60 seconds to cash 5K Dil is pretty steep, lol.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 58
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
None of the lockbox prizes should be bound unless they are opened.

Folks like to mass open boxes to farm lobi or score the ship then flip the "junk" prizes on the exchange. This then lets the regular folks get lockbox prizes with out having to spend real money.

This system worked great, so I'm curious why the mining claim is different.
The primary reason for opening the boxes was to accumulate some lobi - since that is also restricted to character and restricted to lock-boxes.

I was not too concerned with the non grand prize(which i did not get in 150 tries) until i had reached the lobi limit that I wanted(it was 600 to get some of the 200 lobi items - but i went a little crazy with the boxes up to 800 lobi - avg of 5.3 per box)

Then I investigated all these mining prizes and WTF?? 1 per day - dilthium cap - character bound - so it will take a year of going to that stupid moon and jumping around in an EV suit when I could be getting my daily cap doing other this like rep?? WTF??

Basically they are just junk for most people. Account bound is the only way they could fix this situation. Watch this will become a huge sore point for a LOT of people.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 59
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Lets be realistic- you didn't spend 10 MILLION EC for those boxes to get mining claims, right ?

I'm guessing you feel bad for not winning the reason you opened all those boxes and using this bonus prize as an excuse to whine about the lost EC, since you cant sell the claims to recover your substantial loss.

Am I right ?
See my last post - I was accumulating lobi(and seeing if I got the grand prize as a outside bonus) - but I never knew about the mining claim. Never intended to sell it.

As I said I STILL have $700 million EC and about $1 billion of stuff I could sell at 50% the exchange price - fire sale.

This has nothing to do with EC - everything to do with a bad set-up for this particular prize.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,201
# 60
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I feel for you man, but I'll prolly open 6 (just for the lobi's) and hope I'm as lucky winning those claims as you.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.