Republic Veteran
# 61
01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I understand the complaint about it being character bound though I do not share it. What I don't understand is why limit yourself to the 8K refinement cap. So you would have some spare unrefined dilithium, big deal. In my opinion, that would be a good thing as there may be a day you can't get on or there is something else you want to do in game that does not reward dilithium but with enough surplus, you can still refine your cap.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 62
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I feel for you man, but I'll prolly open 6 (just for the lobi's) and hope I'm as lucky winning those claims as you.
I know I am in a tight spot financially in the game world But that is not the issue - this is a badly designed prize and my "in-game" wealth is meaningless if as I suspect there are many people buying lots of keys and boxes and having most of these faily useless items pop up.

I will buy the ships later when the price drops - I have 7 packed Wells bought at $35 million that I hope will go up in price.

Seriously this mining thing is going to be a thorn in this box - and that is a BAD thing - because I want Cryptic to do well and the game to keep going.
Captain
# 63
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I understand the complaint about it being character bound though I do not share it. What I don't understand is why limit yourself to the 8K refinement cap. So you would have some spare unrefined dilithium, big deal. In my opinion, that would be a good thing as there may be a day you can't get on or there is something else you want to do in game that does not reward dilithium but with enough surplus, you can still refine your cap.
This is a daily event that you have to open - so it's like the foundry but with the old 20hr cool down. Again another restriction. Plus it does not help having a backlog if you don't log in 1 day as you can't make up that's missed day carrying forward. So basically I have to log on 180 days to go through these things and do it every day - I would rather do a couple ESTF or some PvP or something else then have to set up the mission - fly to the moon - put on the EV suit - go out and do the mini-game - 180 times?? That is like sticking a fork in my eye over and over!
Captain
# 64
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
you can bypass the 8K cap with multiple characters, which most players do already.
Actually, I call shenanigans on this. MOST players clearly don't. Per the devs before the latest dilithium changes the average player only refined 13,000 dilithium per WEEK. Clearly they're not only failing to exceed the cap per day, they're not even getting remotely close to it.

I imagine that the changes helped this some. I also imagine that the average player still fails to hit 8,000 dilithium per day on a single character.

Now, MOST FORUMITES, absolutely. You'd be bang on correct with that change to your statement.
Career Officer
# 65
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't understand why these are bound (other than Cryptic continuing to try and put a stranglehold on Dilithium) after all, what's the difference between these and Contraband?

In fact, Contraband is more convenient since for 3 minutes work across 12 hours you can get 6000 Dilithium without having to suit up and play a stupid mini-game.

Anyone that's got time to exploit the Mining Claims has likely got time to exploit Contraband too so really - what's the point in binding these?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Commander
# 66 dilithium mining claim
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
does it work during mining event? as in increaseing larger then the 5000 max?

UPDATE 4375 first go my mining skills need practice

Last edited by loverofwars; 01-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 67
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why the mining claims are stowed in their own little boxes, if those aren't in some way transferable, either between characters on an account, or everywhere. It's just needless packaging. As far as I can see, they might as well just chucked the mining claims, six or ten at a time, into the lockboxes directly.

Seems pointless.
Reave
Republic Veteran
# 68
01-24-2013, 04:55 PM
See this thread for an interesting discussion on the "merits" of the new mining claims...LOL

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=524711
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
There is nothing Cryptic can offer me to spend time Dilithium Mining. I like the environment and the novelty, but I find it such a waste of my time.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 70
01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
It's painfully clear that people won't do that. No matter how much whining you see on the forms about the lockboxes, people are speaking with their wallets and buying keys.

Myself I have yet to buy a single key, and don't plan on doing so anytime in the future. But people might as well quit complaining about them, they're here to stay, because no matter how many posts people make, it's quite clear they sell well and make Cryptic money.
yes don't buy them keys! its exploitation of the fan base! and why oh why do Star Trek fans have to be total dicks with money "me included". i bet 90% of the fans don't care about the money cus its all about "i NEED TO HAVE THAT" factor, well peeps wen this game fails and it will someday, all that virtual "i NEED TO HAVE THAT" items will be GONE! just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
They do, if it's account on pick up it will say it.

Also to the OP.....ummm just transfer all the Dilithium to whoever you want, your mining rights is bound but not the Dilithium you get out of it....most likely the reason it's bound.
got news for yah that dill transfer thingie players do is not as intended and they will fix that soon..